Quantcast

Author Topic: Endo-PAT results  (Read 12799 times)

roadglide

• View Profile
Endo-PAT results
« on: May 02, 2015, 06:10:49 pm »
Hey guys just to refresh I had a hearts scan of 777 in January, so I've been on a quest to quantify my CVD.  Had an Endo-PAT done.  I'm pretty happy with the results.  Any thought?  Ways to improve?

drew_ba

• View Profile
Re: Endo-PAT results
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2015, 06:12:48 pm »
Congrats on getting Normal... now time to work on getting to stellar.  Is your BMI high because you are overweight? A bodybuilder?

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2015, 06:12:48 pm »

roadglide

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2015, 06:23:32 pm »
Congrats on getting Normal... now time to work on getting to stellar.  Is your BMI high because you are overweight? A bodybuilder?

Thanks!  I am a large bone guy with muscle mass but I have a bunch more weight to lose.  I'm 250 lbs

« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 06:31:45 pm by roadglide »

drew_ba

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2015, 06:30:25 pm »
Good stuff. I bet with some weight loss your endothelial function would improve.  What kind of lifestyle changes have you made so far?

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2015, 06:30:25 pm »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2015, 09:43:02 pm »
Nice roadglide!  You're on the road to recovery.

Hey, one of the other guys had an Endo-Pat - I'll see if I can track him down.
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

roadglide

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2015, 03:58:25 am »
Good stuff. I bet with some weight loss your endothelial function would improve.  What kind of lifestyle changes have you made so far?

A bunch!  Been hard on my body most of my life.  Partying, smoking, drinking, and eating fast food and pizzas.  Was diabetic 15 years ago, and I guess technically still am.  My latest blood work that I'll post tomorrow morning A1C was 5.6, I'll have to review the tests, but the Doc said no pre-diabetic markers or indications either.

I had went low carb, and got off the Metformin about 12 years ago, but still didn't take my health serious until the ED started to set in.  Then I started reading the board, and realized I needed to change my lifestyle.  I quit smoking shortly after I joined this site.  I'm mainly plant based but still may be over doing the fat from Pumpkin seed, Avocado, Flax seed, Chia seed, Almonds, Walnuts, Sardines, Salmon, Tuna, and natural chicken.  Try to go organic, wild caught, natural.

Quit smoking
high NO foods
Organic
Supplements
Tread mill

roadglide

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2015, 04:08:36 am »

Cool!

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2015, 04:47:29 am »

Cool!

Stay tuned here.  I'm sure he'll respond if he has time...
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

roadglide

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2015, 02:22:59 pm »

Cool!

Well Peak, most of what I'm doing is based on what I've read here. I still only understand about 20% of it.  Starting to be dangerous...lol

Stay tuned here.  I'm sure he'll respond if he has time...

jinNE

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2015, 10:40:24 pm »
roadglide,

I'm the other guy that got the Endopat. I wanted to just chime in and say congratulations on your progress. I don't recall my Endopat score as I didn't post it here - I'll track it down. I'm thinking of getting another one done in a month or so. I went low carb / high fat in October and dropped a lot of weight and I'm really curious to see if I improved my endothelial function. I also switched over to subq injections and need to get a blood draw anyway...

Something is working - I had a new max of 350 in my deadlift just this morning - recorded to prove it! :)

roadglide

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2015, 12:47:54 am »
roadglide,

I'm the other guy that got the Endopat. I wanted to just chime in and say congratulations on your progress. I don't recall my Endopat score as I didn't post it here - I'll track it down. I'm thinking of getting another one done in a month or so. I went low carb / high fat in October and dropped a lot of weight and I'm really curious to see if I improved my endothelial function. I also switched over to subq injections and need to get a blood draw anyway...

Something is working - I had a new max of 350 in my deadlift just this morning - recorded to prove it! :)

Great job on the lift!  I've done a little weight training in the past, but nothing like that.  I plan to get started this week, been doing the treadmill though.  If you know a good routine for a 49 year old that won't beat up joints or tendons too bad pass it on.  I want to get serious about my physique, but need a little guidance.  Most body building forums are for younger guys.

jinNE

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2015, 02:51:41 am »
Thanks! :)

Well, if I spend too much time responding I'm going to get on a soapbox. I am 45, so hugely proud of my lifts. I'm at 350 for deadlift, 365 for squats, and 265 for bench press. My goal is 400/400/300 respectively. If you say a picture of me 10 years ago you just would not believe I'm the same guy...

Let me start by saying there are a thousand philosophies so mine is just one of many.

that said...

dump the treadmill.

I think that might be the WORST thing you can do for your joints. If you want an aerobic workout, consider a nice rower like the Concept C2. Pricey, but way better for you. However, I read two great books that really changed my opinion on exercise. One is a book titled "Younger Next Year", which I think everyone in their 40s should read.

Part of the premise of the books is you should do cardio to increase the length of your life, and heavy strength training to increase the quality. When I travel and use a hotel gym, the heavy people are always on the bikes, treadmills, etc., while the truly fit people are using the free weights - that sold me.

I read a book on body building called Braun. It's not well written and can be a tough read, but it changed my life. I adopted the same attitude of a body builder, focusing on the big compound lifts (deadlift, squat, bench press) and augmenting with isolation exercises. I started with a 5 day a week, total body program using dumbbells. I remember when I first started at 40, I could barely do 10 sit ups. Now in a given week, I will do 3 days of 3 sets of 20 with a 25lb plate behind my head, one day with 3 sets of 20 using a 35lb plate, and 1 day of 4 sets of 25 unweighted sit-ups. A strong core makes everything in life better - including sex. I don't say this to brag - just to illustrate - YOU CAN DO IT but you have to start with what's manageable and keep moving forward.

I have logged EVERY SINGLE EXERCISE I've done for the last five years. I have a spreadsheet that has 4 week's worth of columns on it. I will fill it out as I workout. When it's full, I will make a new copy of the spreadsheet and adjust accordingly. For example, I might find that a certain workout is stressing my triceps, making the next day's exercise's difficult. so, I adjust and move things and change weights. If an exercise goes up in reps or weight, I highlight with a yellow highlighter so I can see the progress on the sheet. If an exercise was easy or I think I can push it further next time, I put a + next to the amount. You really can't remember a week later how things went for you, but the notes are right there. EVERY SINGLE DAY I work out I log it. I think this is absolutely critical.

It's a marathon, not a sprint. Think total body, log everything, and make sure you don't be lazy and only do exercises that you like. Do you know how many guys only work their upper body? It's crazy! Do you know the exercise that works more muscles in the human body than any other? It's the deadlift. When I started, I could not do 20 goblet squats with a single 20lb dumbbell. Five years later I'm doing 350 and I WILL hit 400 by fall. Squats work your biggest muscles and create some of the biggest boost of growth hormones. Do do deadlifts, you will need to work your grip, so you work your grip. Again, think TOTAL body. As you go, you will start realizing your weaknesses, so you spend a little more time the next month on those weaknesses, but keep the total body approach going.

I'd be happy to share my workout, but it would not be appropriate for you. I could share what I started with if you're interested... I can tell you that all of the miscellaneous aches and pains have all gone away (a foam roller is your friend), and while I'm happily married I can tell you that women (and men) engage me differently.

I thought the way I looked at felt was just the way it was - a fact of aging. I'm so glad I sorted out the hormones (well, we are always working on that), changed my eating, started working out - my life is so much better than it was 10 years ago and gets better every year. 

Ooops - I think I warned you about the soap box. :)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 02:55:32 am by jinNE »

roadglide

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2015, 03:20:15 am »
JinNE,

That would be great if you could outline a basic workout to start out with.  You can see my BMI in this thread to get an idea of what I'm starting with.  I definitely need core, and like the idea of compound lifts.  Never tried a dead lift but just watched a youtube video of one.  I'd start out with low weight for sure and focus on form.  Watch youtube videos for technique.

So do you workout at home, or bring you spreadsheet to the gym?

Just started the tread mill to get something started right away in the short term.

jinNE

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2015, 03:30:36 am »
Hi roadglide,

I've had a few friends ask me to do this, so give me a few days and I'll put something together...

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2015, 05:17:42 am »
Hi roadglide,

I've had a few friends ask me to do this, so give me a few days and I'll put something together...

Thx JinEE...

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2015, 05:17:42 am »