Quantcast

Author Topic: HCG vids?  (Read 7592 times)

feelgood

• View Profile
HCG vids?
« on: December 03, 2012, 10:14:01 pm »
hey guys...i went in to the urologists office today and an assistant gave me the rundown on it...i've never done self injecting, so i was sort of "deer in the headlights" and i honestly don't know if i can remember all that he showed me enough to repeat it on my own in a couple days (we did my first injection on the spot).

Does anyone know of any solid videos that or tutorials that show the mixing and injecting procedure. I'm hoping i don't have to be totally embarassed and go back in one day later. I looked a bit online but didn't see anything truly solid.

I'm doing 1500 units three times a week.

FightLowT

• View Profile
Re: HCG vids?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 12:39:11 am »
Look up LOWTGUY on youtube. He has some instructions. He is also secondary hypo and was given mono therapy with HCG. He started out with 400 IU Mon, Wed, Fri but his E2 went up despite a big increase in serum and Free T. I think his levels more than doubled to what they were baseline which was a typical problem spot most of us are familiar with (low 300's). If I'm correct the hcg got him up to about the low 800's ng/dl ( pretty impressive). He takes .5 mg arimdex I believe twice a week and it keeps his E2 in the 20's pg/ml.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 12:39:11 am »

FightLowT

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 12:49:42 am »
I'm doing 1500 units three times a week.

(spits sweet potato out)  :o

Wayyy too much....Seriously. Doctor may mean well but plenty of evidence suggests all that does is increase aromatase response. Additionally you do not want to desensitize your leydig cells. Many many many doctors have discovered that 300 iu can be plenty stimulation and most feel going over 500 iu at any one time does not offer any additional benefits. I know doctors feel they know what they are doing and may mean well ,but I and many other men here have learned that doctors are far from being infallible ( and coming from me that's being nice). If I were you I'd start with 250-400 to play it safe. Stick with that for 4-6 weeks then run the following:

Total testosterone
Free testosterone
E2

;)

feelgood

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 02:40:24 am »
thanks on both messages...Yes I've seen LowTGuy but didn't know he had a vid of the mixing....good to know.

Yeah, i know what you mean about dosage! crap...i don't know what to do. I asked the assistant today, saying "everything i'm reading is that that would be too much" but he said "no way - this is what Dr. prescribes, and he feels it's right for you"....so i don't know what to do. Maybe i should see if he'll take a call from me, and i can hear it from him. Maybe because it helps with fertility? jeez...i'm thin, so i wonder if i'm less suscpetible to high estradiol - or maybe that's an ignorant statement...but i thought guys that are a little more overweight have trouble with that. How will i know if i'm going to high on that? classic man boobs?

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 02:40:24 am »

feelgood

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2012, 03:02:31 am »
just read this on the old interwebs...

"For fertility 1,500iu HCG eod is commonly prescribed for 6 month durations. This dose is reported in most manufacturers package inserts."

they scheduled me back in for blood check, in 5 weeks. Maybe i'll start on the dose he suggested, and see what my bloods tell us 5 weeks from now, and modify from there if need be.

IF i feel really crazy weird or bad during the duration before my bloodwork, then i'll just dose it down myself.

Sound good?

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2012, 03:06:18 am »
those 1500iu doses are short term fertility doses.  its ok to do it over a short time frame but not for too long, as that will desensitize the leydig cells if done for a long time.  for long term usage 300-500 on alternating days is the most you want for testosterone therapy.  if your doc has only prescribed it for fertility therapy and not for testosterone therapy he may think 1500iu is normal, because for fertility it is, but fertility therapy is by definition supposed to be short term. 

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2012, 03:07:58 am »
you seem to have figured out what i was trying to say while i was typing.  id think your e2 might spike at that kind of dosage so be sure to test that

feelgood

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2012, 03:23:50 am »
those 1500iu doses are short term fertility doses.  its ok to do it over a short time frame but not for too long, as that will desensitize the leydig cells if done for a long time.  for long term usage 300-500 on alternating days is the most you want for testosterone therapy.  if your doc has only prescribed it for fertility therapy and not for testosterone therapy he may think 1500iu is normal, because for fertility it is, but fertility therapy is by definition supposed to be short term.

you put that perfectly...i guess he's thinking about it more from a fertility standpoint, BUT - the good doc basically fixed me through varicocele surgery and 8 months of clomid! so maybe i don't need to be treated from the point of view of fertility at this point?

or, i guess the bottom line is, we're still trying, so that's probably the point. ergo it's still a fertility play.

I'll play this out for 5 weeks and see how i do. Figure 5 weeks shouldn't (maybe?) cause me too much desensitization or estradiol issues...

i am definitely going to have the estradiol pulled at that time.

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2012, 04:37:45 am »
5 weeks should be fine for desentization i wouldnt worry about that.  e2 can rise quick but it wont be too bad if you have relief on the horizon

JackAndy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2012, 10:56:57 am »
You're not on any anti-estrogens? Personally I got estrogen issues pretty quick with the addition of HCG (500 IU 2/week). The good thing is that the half life of HCG is only 4 days IIRC so if you do have issues, they'll go away fairly quickly.
5'11" 190 lbs
150mg Test-E/week

feelgood

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2012, 02:08:05 pm »
no, i wouldn't take any anti-estrogens unless i found out i really needed them. So it's too early for that.

what does IIRC mean?

JustAskin

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2012, 05:58:33 pm »
I had the same questions when I started using HCG, Just go to youtube and lookup HCG mixing there are some very good ones there.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI9Ugxn0wHc

feelgood

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2012, 08:59:04 pm »
thanks....appreciate it.

i think i'll also make sure i take my ZMA to try and prohibit aromatization/estrogen if possible...

feelgood

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2012, 09:40:37 pm »
oh - and lot's of Broccoli for the e2 reduction!    i just got a Nutribullet....the best, easiest, smallest juicer ever....and not too expensive at all.

The thing absolutely kills it!!

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2012, 09:40:37 pm »