Quantcast

Author Topic: Estradiol & Arimidex frustration.  (Read 12739 times)

Prsartist

• View Profile
Estradiol & Arimidex frustration.
« on: November 27, 2012, 05:20:23 pm »
Since starting TRT, my main struggle had been with
Controlling estrogen conversion.
My Estradol labs over the past 6 months
Have been 88, 51, 40, and my latest result
Was 30. 

My dr started me off taking .25 arimidex 3x a week
Then 4x......  When I became pissed at their lack
Of aggressiveness, I jumped to .5  3x a week
Which gave me the last reading of 30.

The Dr. Says my E levels are "optimal"
and NOT to take any more Arimidex
as usual I disagree.....

I "occasionally" have morning wood, and my
total ED with high E levels has changed
To 50% ED.   

I have read online where a 3 point swing in E
Levels can cause ED.  My baseline before TRT
Was 25. 

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?
And/or any ideas on dropping my E a bit lower?
These pills are very tiny, and cutting them in 1/4's
Is not an exact science.  I'm afraid of knocking my E too
Low, but Im thinking of adding an extra .25 mg on an off day?

I'm hoping that wont crash me too low?

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Re: Estradiol & Arimidex frustration.
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 05:32:47 pm »
My feeling is that you want to be between 20 and 30 about, so I think you and I are on the same page.  There is some art to this, but I think this article from Life Extension Foundation is very good and I always recommend that men read this and discuss it with their doctor:

http://www.lef.org/magazine/mag2010/may2010_Why-Estrogen-Balance-is-Critical-to-Aging-Men_01.htm

Notice this statement in the article:

"The men in the balanced quintile—with the fewest deaths—had serum estradiol levels between 21.80 and 30.11 pg/mL. This is virtually the ideal range that Life Extension has long recommended male members strive for."

But, as I always say, you have to do your own research and discuss with your doc...
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 05:32:47 pm »

JustAskin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 06:37:17 pm »
I use Arimidex. (anastrozile 0.1mg 3XWeek in sublingual)
My only caution is don't over do it. I tried 0.2mg 2 times in a 3 day span, problem was when I would stand up quickly I would stagger especially if I got up in the middle of the night.
Just an FYI

P.S. the anastrozile is a mini-troce from a compounding pharmacy.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 06:39:19 pm by JustAskin »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 06:42:45 pm »

P.S. the anastrozile is a mini-troce from a compounding pharmacy.

Mini-troce?  What is that?
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 06:42:45 pm »

JustAskin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2012, 07:01:36 pm »
MiniTroche is a small Sublingual delivery involves placing drops or a lozenge under the tongue. Like transdermal delivery, it by-passes the liver and lets you increase or decrease the dosage as needed.

medical definition= a small oval, round, or oblong tablet containing a medicinal agent incorporated in a flavored, sweetened mucilage or fruit base that dissolves in the mouth, releasing the drug.

Best part is it by-passes the liver!
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 07:08:23 pm by JustAskin »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2012, 07:10:53 pm »
Oh sure!  Sorry about that...

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2012, 03:55:50 am »
just askin can you tell me more about this?  i am taking more arimidex than most guys, 0.5mg ED to get my e2 into the right range and am concerned about long term liver effects.  but why would it even make a difference how the arimidex is ingested since it is still blocking an enzyme, aromatase, which is produced by the liver?  not sure why that would help as i think about it.  thanks

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2012, 04:00:51 am »
prsartist, i was taking 0.5mg EOD and my e2 only fell to 35.  my morning wood is a daily occurrence when i take it every day, but more a 50% occurrence when i was taking it every other day.  as i mentioned in the last post i am concerned that i am taking too much for the long term, but it certainly works well in the short term.  everyone has a different responsiveness to it.  my e2 was 49 on hcg with no AI and only fell to 35 after adding 0.5mg EOD.  i see a lot of guys just taking it 2x/week and starting with much higher e2 levels than i had (like you) and getting right into the 20s.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2012, 05:58:32 am »
but why would it even make a difference how the arimidex is ingested since it is still blocking an enzyme, aromatase, which is produced by the liver?  not sure why that would help as i think about it.  thanks

It is bypassing the liver because it goes directly into the blood stream due to direct absorption under the tongue.  Creams and gels do the same thing as they are absorbed (less effectively) through the skin into the blood stream.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 06:04:51 am by PeakT »

Prsartist

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2012, 11:19:30 am »
prsartist, i was taking 0.5mg EOD and my e2 only fell to 35.  my morning wood is a daily occurrence when i take it every day, but more a 50% occurrence when i was taking it every other day.  as i mentioned in the last post i am concerned that i am taking too much for the long term, but it certainly works well in the short term.  everyone has a different responsiveness to it.  my e2 was 49 on hcg with no AI and only fell to 35 after adding 0.5mg EOD.  i see a lot of guys just taking it 2x/week and starting with much higher e2 levels than i had (like you) and getting right into the 20s.

Interesting observation!
I did start taking an additional .25mg of arimidex
In between my normal .5mg days and
Things do seen a bit better for those 3 days of use
(Compared to the other 4 days of the week)

However I've been taking it the day after my
T injection  so im sure these days my t levels are the highest
Which could be a factor also?

I've been taking .5 3x a week (not EOD)
I'm suspecting the half life of arimidex isn't
Quite 48 hrs.....  I may start the .5 EOD?

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2012, 03:28:04 pm »
i have read the half life of arimidex is 2.5 days.  doing it EOD rather than 3x/week adds an extra 0.25/wk and evens it out

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2012, 03:28:04 pm »