Quantcast

Author Topic: Lost 50 lbs; Off TRT and Testosterone Rose From 385 to 492 ng/dl; Orgasms Better  (Read 11834 times)

Zooka15

• View Profile
So on Tuesday I ran some labs. My total T came back at 492ng/dl and free T came back at 13.1 pg/ml. My pre TRT levels were around 370-400. While being on TRT I lost around 50lbs and also ate a lot better I still have about 20lbs to lose so I still think there will be some improvements on levels. While on TRT I never felt right, but since quitting I realized some of the things TRT took away from me as well. One , a lot more mellow off it. I actually feel tired now around 10-11pm instead of a somewhat wired feel. Orgasms are also much more intense off the testosterone. Just wanted to give some insight that it is possible to come off TRT after years and have your levels come back even higher than before. I also will now focus on some of the things on this site to help out on the natural level.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 04:07:05 pm by PeakT »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
So on Tuesday I ran some labs. My total T came back at 492ng/dl and free T came back at 13.1 pg/ml. My pre TRT levels were around 370-400. While being on TRT I lost around 50lbs and also ate a lot better I still have about 20lbs to lose so I still think there will be some improvements on levels. While on TRT I never felt right, but since quitting I realized some of the things TRT took away from me as well. One , a lot more mellow off it. I actually feel tired now around 10-11pm instead of a somewhat wired feel. Orgasms are also much more intense off the testosterone. Just wanted to give some insight that it is possible to come off TRT after years and have your levels come back even higher than before. I also will now focus on some of the things on this site to help out on the natural level.

Great story and kudos.

So can I ask your age?
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

davie12

• View Profile

Great story and kudos.

So can I ask your age?

I believe he posted earlier that he is 35 yo.
Recovering from adrenal fatigue through Paleo diet+exercise+vitamins/supplements; formerly used HCG & Clomid at various dosages

donkeykong1234

• View Profile

Maybe TRT helped you with energy to lose the weight which in turn raised your testosterone levels?

Peak Testosterone Forum

lestat210

• View Profile
Sblavesc,
Congrats man!  I, like you, lost about 50 lbs since going on TRT back in 2011, became MUCH more active and fit, found a great woman (whom I married), and am in a much less stressful job.  The idea of going 'au natural' is very appealing to me.  A few questions:
1.  How long were you on TRT?
2.  How were your numbers before coming off?
3.  What was your protocol for coming off?  Any bad crashes?
4.  How long were you off before being retested?
49 year old
6'-0", 194 lbs, low BF
Very active
34 mg Test Cyp EOD, Shallow IM
250 IU HCG EOD, SubQ

Zooka15

• View Profile
Sblavesc,
Congrats man!  I, like you, lost about 50 lbs since going on TRT back in 2011, became MUCH more active and fit, found a great woman (whom I married), and am in a much less stressful job.  The idea of going 'au natural' is very appealing to me.  A few questions:

I was on a 100mg of cypionate for over 2 years with no HCG.
My numbers before coming off were around 700 with free around 15.
My new doc wanted me off TRT since I was only 35, he wanted to do clomid for 6-12 months. I was only on clomid for about 3 weeks, due to eye issues. He believes that must have been enough to get the pituitary back going.
I was tested at week 6 and I just did my own through online labs which marked 8 weeks off TRT.
I also have another appt with the doc end of August for more bloods. Overall I am feeling so much better. I am glad the doc wanted me to stop. Even though my numbers are not what some consider great , i believe my body doesn't possibly need that much. With levels around 700 I always felt like a roller coaster physically /mentally.

donkeykong1234

• View Profile
Sblavesc,

My new doc wanted me off TRT since I was only 35, he wanted to do clomid for 6-12 months. I was only on clomid for about 3 weeks, due to eye issues. He believes that must have been enough to get the pituitary back going.
I was tested at week 6 and I just did my own through online labs which marked 8 weeks off TRT.
I also have another appt with the doc end of August for more bloods. Overall I am feeling so much better. I am glad the doc wanted me to stop. Even though my numbers are not what some consider great , i believe my body doesn't possibly need that much. With levels around 700 I always felt like a roller coaster physically /mentally.
Did you have eye issues or was that a concern and thats why you stopped?

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Zooka15

• View Profile
Sblavesc,

Yes I had eye issues from the medicine

donkeykong1234

• View Profile
Sblavesc,

Yes I had eye issues from the medicine

If i may ask what kind. Did you get floaters? i'm about to start my clomid once i freeze some more sperm.  Also did the eye issues go away after you stopped? Thanks for the info man.

Zooka15

• View Profile
Not really floaters ,but seeing things out of the corners of eyes (always having to take a second look), light tracers, and some light sensitivity. It all went away about 10-14 days after stopping. But my doc wanted me to stop immediately because some of the effect on the eyes can be permanent or take months or years to go away.

NJDevil

• View Profile
Question for everyone.  I recall hearing of a new version of a clomiphene type drugs which is more specific for TRT and had less issues.  If so what is it called and is it available?  This new version supposedly had less side effects with eyes.
Age 40
5'10" 190lbs

T          486 ng/dL
Free T   18.3 pg/mL
DHT      ??
E2(sensitive)         31.0 pg/mL
SHBG    24.6 nmol/L

NJDevil

• View Profile
I searched it and answered my own question:

enclomiphene citrate

http://www.livescience.com/47094-clomid-treat-low-testosterone.html
Age 40
5'10" 190lbs

T          486 ng/dL
Free T   18.3 pg/mL
DHT      ??
SHBG    24.6 nmol/L

NJDevil

• View Profile
sblavesc-> What was your protocol on clomid, if I may ask.
Age 40
5'10" 190lbs

T          486 ng/dL
Free T   18.3 pg/mL
DHT      ??
SHBG    24.6 nmol/L

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Question for everyone.  I recall hearing of a new version of a clomiphene type drugs which is more specific for TRT and had less issues.  If so what is it called and is it available?  This new version supposedly had less side effects with eyes.

Didn't read the above but check these out:

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Testosterone_Androxal

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/forum/index.php?topic=6766.0  (This discusses the problem - potential of course - with Androxal.)

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/forum/index.php?topic=6415.0

Peak Testosterone Forum