Quantcast

Author Topic: Progesterone Creams Available to Public  (Read 6176 times)

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Progesterone Creams Available to Public
« on: June 09, 2015, 12:55:08 am »
There is just no rhyme or reason to drug policies sometimes.  You can buy a progesterone cream on Amazon.  In fact, there are a number of them:

http://www.amazon.com/NOW-Foods-Progesterone-Cream-Ounces/dp/B0013OXGNU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1433811137&sr=8-1&keywords=now+progesterone+cream

Btw, I'm not advocating anyone doing that - more just commenting on the vast difference between how this very powerful hormone is treated and testosterone of course. 
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

explorer

• View Profile
Re: Progesterone Creams Available to Public
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 01:10:34 am »
Peat loves telling the story of how they once treated rats with very high doses of progesterone. The technicians thought they were all dead, and threw them away. Hans Selye didn't believe they were dead, so he went to see them, and found that they were all just sleeping profoundly. Progesterone is one of the safer hormones -not saying it's completely safe-, and also has very strong sedative effects.

So I guess prometrium is also available without prescription?

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 01:10:34 am »

Kierkegaard

• Hormone Shrink
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2015, 02:06:29 am »
I'm yet to try progesterone cream, but it's on my list.  My understanding is it balances cortisol -- more progesterone means less of an impact from cortisol -- and converts to allopregnenolone, the brain's valium.  Some guys take it during the day, but i don't understand how it helps them, unless it lowers anxiety or something like that. 
"The same thing that makes you live can kill you in the end." -- Neil Young

March 2014: Dx low T (158ng/dl)
September 2015: Dx hypothyroidism, other adrenal hypofunction
2016: chronic fatigue, unspecified

Depression and anxiety guide: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Help_Anxiety_Depression

explorer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2015, 02:10:59 am »
i don't understand how it helps them, unless it lowers anxiety or something like that.

I didn't try the cream, I tried it orally. I felt a very strong sedative effect, incomparable to anything I experienced before. Whether it's really helpful or just a temporary drug-like experience, I don't know.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2015, 02:10:59 am »

Kierkegaard

• Hormone Shrink
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2015, 02:21:59 am »
i don't understand how it helps them, unless it lowers anxiety or something like that.

I didn't try the cream, I tried it orally. I felt a very strong sedative effect, incomparable to anything I experienced before. Whether it's really helpful or just a temporary drug-like experience, I don't know.

Well that's the deal.  It's not a drug, so there isn't a danger of dependence.  The only thing you can possibly do is downregulate progesterone receptors.  The fact that you tried it orally really says how powerful it is, given that most of it's broken down by your liver.  Did you take a lipid matrix form by any chance?

Depression and anxiety guide: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Help_Anxiety_Depression

explorer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2015, 02:27:18 am »
Well that's the deal.  It's not a drug, so there isn't a danger of dependence.  The only thing you can possibly do is downregulate progesterone receptors.  The fact that you tried it orally really says how powerful it is, given that most of it's broken down by your liver.  Did you take a lipid matrix form by any chance?

I took prometrium, which is micronized (I opened the capsule and took a little at a time).

I'm not completely sure it's very different from taking the cream, because I believe it's absorbed in the mouth already as soon as it touches it, at least if you break the capsule.

Also, I believe "breaking it down by the liver", at least in part means converting it to allopregnanolone.

Kierkegaard

• Hormone Shrink
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2015, 02:49:31 am »

I took prometrium, which is micronized (I opened the capsule and took a little at a time).

I'm not completely sure it's very different from taking the cream, because I believe it's absorbed in the mouth already as soon as it touches it, at least if you break the capsule.

Also, I believe "breaking it down by the liver", at least in part means converting it to allopregnanolone.

Very interesting. 

Tropicaldaze

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2015, 09:40:40 am »
I tried progesterone cream about a year ago  Problem for me is that I'm EXTREMELY sensitive to preservatives or other additives.  I think it was KAL brand.  Felt nauseous and generally unwell.  I've also tried, years ago, topical pregnenolone(5mg daily/homemade, mixed in olive oil).  That made me seriously hyper.(Too much cortisol production?)  Low dose sublingual preg seems to make me irritable and depressed.  If any was converting to progesterone, I didn't feel it.  Got a better response to 20mg daily of DHEA...except experienced significant conversion to E2. 
65 y.o., 5'5", 138lbs.
Complex medical history: treatment resistant ultra rapid cycling bipolar illness, history of thyroid and adrenal problems. ED/libido problems since 2010.  Restoring my physical health has been, and remains, a daunting challenge.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2015, 01:24:06 pm »
I'm yet to try progesterone cream, but it's on my list.  My understanding is it balances cortisol -- more progesterone means less of an impact from cortisol -- and converts to allopregnenolone, the brain's valium.  Some guys take it during the day, but i don't understand how it helps them, unless it lowers anxiety or something like that.

If you are low progesterone, it can potentially do a lot of things, including lowering estradiol, protect against prostate cancer, help with thyroid function and lower prolactin and inflammation.  It also can help boost cortisol in some men, but that is hit and miss from what I have read.  So there are some potential big wins for men.

I think the biggest problem with some of these non-T hormones is that guys don't want to spend the $60 for the test.  They just want to spend to the $20 for the supplement and $5 for shipping and see if it will make them feel better.  This is one of the prime reasons that men should go to docs, because docs will enforce testing...
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 04:08:19 pm by PeakT »
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

explorer

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2015, 02:18:07 pm »
Problem for me is that I'm EXTREMELY sensitive to preservatives or other additives.

So am I. Anything that made it better? I've been reading about excess iron, and I'll see whether reducing my stores by making a few blood donations helps with this issue.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2015, 04:09:33 pm »
I tried progesterone cream about a year ago  Problem for me is that I'm EXTREMELY sensitive to preservatives or other additives.  I think it was KAL brand.  Felt nauseous and generally unwell.  I've also tried, years ago, topical pregnenolone(5mg daily/homemade, mixed in olive oil).  That made me seriously hyper.(Too much cortisol production?)  Low dose sublingual preg seems to make me irritable and depressed.  If any was converting to progesterone, I didn't feel it.  Got a better response to 20mg daily of DHEA...except experienced significant conversion to E2.

This is more art than science at this point, eh?

Sighalot

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2015, 08:03:55 am »
Got a better response to 20mg daily of DHEA...except experienced significant conversion to E2.
Got it too with oral pills, dissolving a pill in alcohol so it can be absorbed like a sublingual works much better but dont recommend it because of the uncertain dose.

Some guys take it during the day, but i don't understand how it helps them, unless it lowers anxiety or something like that.
I have used cream after my daily shower roughly 9-12 hours before sleep and have not experiended any sedative effect, i have been thinking of using it prior to sleep too see if it works differently.

explorer

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2015, 04:28:03 pm »
Got a better response to 20mg daily of DHEA...except experienced significant conversion to E2.

Why not take 5 or 10 mg?

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2015, 04:28:03 pm »