Quantcast

Author Topic: Doc Horror Story: FSH and LH are Female Hormones?  (Read 7893 times)

donkeykong1234

• View Profile
Doc Horror Story: FSH and LH are Female Hormones?
« on: June 27, 2015, 12:00:46 am »
So here's a story about my friend.  Ever since i got diagnosed with high prolactin then i had low t he wanted to check his level's out as well.

So he finds a random doctor through his insurance. He goes in and tells the doc he wants to do a checkup.  He tells the doc my story about having low t and my symptoms and the doctor tells him " You are not your friend"  My friend then asks the doc to check his testosterone levels and the doctor says he "doesn't do illegal practices".   Since when is getting your testosterone checked an ilegal practice? lol   So the doctor only runs my friends basic blood work like thyroid and checks for cholesterol.  My friend gets his results and he found out he has high triglycerides.

So my friend goes back to the doc and finally convinces him to get his testosterone checked out.  The doc finally says yes. My friend asks him what about lh and fsh.  The doc tells him to not worry about it as those are female hormones. lol  True story.

My friend is naive when it comes to all this stuff and if it wasn't for me would believe his doctor. I told him if i was there i would have punched the doctor in the face if he told me something like that.

So my friend got his testosterone results back and it was 500.  So i told him that his levels might be low too for his age. He is 27 years old. He's a little overweight.  He's not fat.  I told him to find a new doc and look into it more.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 12:52:36 am by PeakT »

Kwn

• View Profile
Re: Doc Horror Story: FSH and LH are Female Hormones?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2015, 12:41:54 am »
What a wonderful story.  At a minimum this guy should be stripped from his licence.  But of course nothing will happen.  Docs are like monkeys with the grenade, do not know what they are doing.

See, when a plumber does not know how to fix pipes, what is the worst thing that can happen?  You will have water in your house.  Not pleasant, but not deadly as well.  What happens when a motherfucking doc does not know jack shit about medicine?  Someone's life may be in danger.  And this is completely different ballgame. I believe doctors much be prosecuted viciously when shit like that uncovers.  I started to go to doctors appointments with voice recorder running on my phone.  Reason one: I can replay it later and this way I will remember what was said.  Reason two: if I ever come across doctor as the OP described, this will be played back to him in the court.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 12:53:09 am by PeakT »

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2015, 12:41:54 am »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2015, 12:55:05 am »
So here's a story about my friend.  Ever since i got diagnosed with high prolactin then i had low t he wanted to check his level's out as well.

So he finds a random doctor through his insurance. He goes in and tells the doc he wants to do a checkup.  He tells the doc my story about having low t and my symptoms and the doctor tells him " You are not your friend"  My friend then asks the doc to check his testosterone levels and the doctor says he "doesn't do illegal practices".   Since when is getting your testosterone checked an ilegal practice? lol   So the doctor only runs my friends basic blood work like thyroid and checks for cholesterol.  My friend gets his results and he found out he has high triglycerides.

So my friend goes back to the doc and finally convinces him to get his testosterone checked out.  The doc finally says yes. My friend asks him what about lh and fsh.  The doc tells him to not worry about it as those are female hormones. lol  True story.

My friend is naive when it comes to all this stuff and if it wasn't for me would believe his doctor. I told him if i was there i would have punched the doctor in the face if he told me something like that.

So my friend got his testosterone results back and it was 500.  So i told him that his levels might be low too for his age. He is 27 years old. He's a little overweight.  He's not fat.  I told him to find a new doc and look into it more.

What hormone is exclusively male or female?  I can't think of any that is exclusively one gender.
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

explorer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2015, 01:15:20 am »
What hormone is exclusively male or female?  I can't think of any that is exclusively one gender.

It was propaganda to sell estrogens from the very beginning, mostly to hide the dangers of estrogen.

Even if we say there is a 'female hormone', estrogen is not the female hormone, because women have more progesterone, so progesterone is the female hormone.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2015, 01:15:20 am »

Cataceous

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2015, 02:13:10 am »
"Often wrong, never in doubt." An old phrase that I'm finding applies to your average doctor. My endo: "We don't test estrogen in men." "Vitamin D2 is preferred over D3." "Total T of 300 is normal." "Take 200 mg cypionate once every two weeks, and come see the nurse in three months for T check." The urologist I saw wasn't any better; worse actually, because he wouldn't prescribe.
I am not a medical doctor; any suggestions are meant to be discussed with your doctor.
Protocol: 2.4 mg T propionate subQ qd, 3.2 mg T enanthate qd, 20 mcg GnRH subQ 5.25x/d, 6.25 mg DHEA bid, 12.5 mg enclomiphene qod
Approximate levels (peak): TT: 700 ng/dL, E2: 30 pg/mL, DHEA-S: 300 ug/dL, SHBG: 30 nMol/L

donkeykong1234

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2015, 02:30:50 am »
What a wonderful story.  At a minimum this guy should be stripped from his licence.  But of course nothing will happen.  Docs are like monkeys with the grenade, do not know what they are doing.

See, when a plumber does not know how to fix pipes, what is the worst thing that can happen?  You will have water in your house.  Not pleasant, but not deadly as well.  What happens when a motherfucking doc does not know jack shit about medicine?  Someone's life may be in danger.  And this is completely different ballgame. I believe doctors much be prosecuted viciously when shit like that uncovers.  I started to go to doctors appointments with voice recorder running on my phone.  Reason one: I can replay it later and this way I will remember what was said.  Reason two: if I ever come across doctor as the OP described, this will be played back to him in the court.

Thats a great idea. From now on i will record every convo with any doc.  That one person recorded the colonoscopy he had where the docs made fun of him and got 500k in court.

I personally think doc's like this should be flogged in public.  And Kwn is right is right about the plumber analogy.    What happend to doctors wanting to help people.  Now it all seems so commercialized.   This doctor knew my friend was not so familiar with hormones and figured he could have his way with him.

electrify

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2015, 03:45:46 am »
Quite a ridiculous doc no doubt but on a seperate note does your friend have any of the mental symptoms of low T?

Im just wondering cause at 21 im now in a situation where my T is at 480 (so near 500) with SHBG at like 21 or so but I still got anxiety..

Sighalot

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2015, 05:00:21 am »
The doc tells him to not worry about it as those are female hormones.
Seems not only my endo found a license in the cereal box.

I have yet to find one.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2015, 03:55:32 pm »
I split out some discussion on painkillers lowering testosterone:

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/forum/index.php?topic=7603.0
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2015, 03:55:32 pm »