Quantcast

Author Topic: what is the optimum ratio of LDL\HDL CHOELSTROLE SHOULD BE?  (Read 2997 times)

mikeMake

• View Profile
what is the optimum ratio of LDL\HDL CHOELSTROLE SHOULD BE?
« on: December 01, 2012, 06:00:57 pm »
what is the optimum ratio of LDL\HDL CHOLESTEROL SHOULD BE?

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Re: what is the optimum ratio of LDL\HDL CHOELSTROLE SHOULD BE?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 08:43:29 pm »
Well, this isn't what you are going to want to hear, but my opinion is that it worrying about that ratio is just for people eating a lot of fat. 

To further add to the confusion, raw LDL and HDL numbers are really only part of the issue.  I have posted before research that shows even the large partcile LDLs can inflict damage to the arteries.  But probably the biggest culprit are small (and oxidized) VLDL.  You want to focus on those and make sure you are not a "pattern B" person.  Read some about that.

It is also very critical to focus on inflammation.  Certain antioxidants will protect against oxidation of the LDL and eating low glycemic carbs and exercise will keep you out of the "pattern B" zone. 

Now I'm mentioning all of that because LDL/HDL ratios are kind of "old techology" that are only so useful.  We now know MUCH more about cardiovascular risk factors.  It is a pretty involved subject but the real keys are this:

--Low glycemic foods.
--A good quantity of fruits, vegetables, bean, legumes (and non-wheat whole grains)
--Ample exercise
--Elimination of all high glycemic foods including wheat, sugars, refined carbs.
--Adequate sleep (to control insulin/cortisol levels)
--Get your abs back, i.e. get rid of visceral fat
--Avoid sitting
--Reduce stress through PMR/secular meditation

These are the keys that are really going to pay HUGE dividends and, of course, you know that I think the best way to do all of the above goals is through a low glycemic, Low Fat Diet.
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 08:43:29 pm »

bubba29

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 05:02:35 am »
what is the optimum ratio of LDL\HDL CHOLESTEROL SHOULD BE?

even the best scientists of today do not have a really firm grasp on this answer or the real risks of any cholesterol levels for that matter.  stay lean, stay strong, stay active, eat minimally processed foods, and lead a low stress life.  if you are really concerned about cardiac health, get a heart CT scan to asses the status of your arteries.  cholesterol blood test tell us nothing about the actual health of your arteries.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 05:02:35 am »