Quantcast

Author Topic: caveman needs HELP  (Read 16281 times)

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Re: caveman needs HELP
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2012, 04:33:06 pm »

Morbidly obese=BMI 40+

Hallucinations are a sign of dehydration
so dont drink your water!

even so, this study has to have used lots of couch potatoes or people who are immobile because just wallking around carrying the fat that makes you MORBIDLY OBESE is a workout..

Not sure what you are saying.  There are other studies showing the correlation between muscle mass and blood sugar/insulin control.  Part of it is the correlations between testosterone and insulin and testosterone and muscle of course.
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Blade78

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2012, 04:42:56 pm »

Not sure what you are saying.  There are other studies showing the correlation between muscle mass and blood sugar/insulin control.  Part of it is the correlations between testosterone and insulin and testosterone and muscle of course.
oh come now, you are telling me you workout to avoid becoming diabetic?
that's silly
you workout for the direct effect of keeping/building muscle, the endorphins from working out, etc

AND the indirect effects of having womenz look at you and all the nice things that happen cause you are healthier

Most Humans are too stupid/short sighted/controlled by their limbic system/underdeveloped pre- frontal lobe to do things because they want C or D and they start from A
ie
A---->B-->C-->D

or just drive down main street, USA and look at all the people standing 3feet from the door smoking like chimneys OR the long drive thru lines; 2 vices that give instant gratification
http://www.scilearn.com/blog/marshmallow-experiment-self-control-young-children.php
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 04:48:46 pm by watchntv »
“Don’t you feel good when you go to the gym?’ Not at all. There’s too many people in-shape there. When I go to McDonald’s I feel great. At McDonald’s I’m Matthew McConaughey.” --Jim Gaffigan - Mr. Universe

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2012, 04:42:56 pm »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2012, 04:56:26 pm »

that's silly
you workout for the direct effect of keeping/building muscle, the endorphins from working out, etc

I can honestly say that it's all three.  I love the high from working out; I love having a little muscle as you stated. 

However, my health really went downhill for few years.  That's always on the back of my mind.  I don't ever want to go back there.

My family thinks I'm crazy, cuzz I never miss a day at the gym.  (Well, almost never.)  And, on the rare days I can't go, I'm out walking.  It's religious for me because I'm hoping to stick around on this planet for a few more decades.

So I do indirectly think of diabetes, cancer, cardiovascular disease - all that stuff.  Yeah, I don't walk into the gym thinking about diabetes and Metabolic Syndrome, but I know on the back of my mind what it's like to feel like crap for years.  Ain't going there again and the gym and the kitchen are my tickets to board the Freedom Train...
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Blade78

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2012, 06:16:21 pm »

that's silly

I can honestly say that it's all three.  I love the high from working out; I love having a little muscle as you stated. 

However, my health really went downhill for few years.  That's always on the back of my mind.  I don't ever want to go back there.

My family thinks I'm crazy, cuzz I never miss a day at the gym.  (Well, almost never.)  And, on the rare days I can't go, I'm out walking.  It's religious for me because I'm hoping to stick around on this planet for a few more decades.

So I do indirectly think of diabetes, cancer, cardiovascular disease - all that stuff.  Yeah, I don't walk into the gym thinking about diabetes and Metabolic Syndrome, but I know on the back of my mind what it's like to feel like crap for years.  Ain't going there again and the gym and the kitchen are my tickets to board the Freedom Train...
interesting

I think of my little friends health whenever I want to indulge in some food to appease a craving, but it sounds like you have it 100x stronger than I do

I understand why you feel how you do, since you have been through it. I was asked a few months ago by my parents to fill out a health care directive in case anything bad happened to me and I'd have to be on life support etc.
I declined all DNR type assistance. My experiences with me having  been in and stil recovering from a coma that occurs 13 yrs ago make me never want to go through that shit again.
so I understand how you feel and I know you are an outlier in this area.
maybe
My dad tells me he feels guility if he does not workout because it's in his best interest.
I wish I could get the rest of my family to just not eat so much, maybe workout.

Oddly enough, this study has affected me because my mom was concerned about her recent bloodwork(she does not workout) as it showed low serum creatinine.

“Don’t you feel good when you go to the gym?’ Not at all. There’s too many people in-shape there. When I go to McDonald’s I feel great. At McDonald’s I’m Matthew McConaughey.” --Jim Gaffigan - Mr. Universe

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2012, 06:16:21 pm »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2012, 06:24:08 pm »

so I understand how you feel and I know you are an outlier in this area.
maybe

There are lots of guys in the gym, on bikes and pounding the pavement cuzz of angina, high blood pressure, or E.D.  Unfortunately, it takes a 2 X 4 for a lot of us...

bubba29

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2012, 06:43:16 pm »

that's silly

you should read this article. 
http://whole9life.com/2012/10/lies-we-tell-ourselves/

to paraphrase, lay off the constant training.  it will do more good than actually training every day.  maybe just replace more of your gym days with walking days.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2012, 07:42:24 pm »

to paraphrase, lay off the constant training.  it will do more good than actually training every day.  maybe just replace more of your gym days with walking days.

I do have walking days.  I just do it at the gym.  As you know, I'm not big on air pollution and I live in a major metro area:

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Pollution_Exercise

Polewalker

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2012, 12:50:51 pm »
Okay I finally made a decision on exercising and supplements for NO. Here's my schedule for the week and I might be confused but any suggestions will (HELP)

Daily dosages. L-citrulline power 1 teaspoon twice a day
                       L-Arginine power 2 G twice a day
                       Pycongenol 100 mg once a day

Don't ask me why I came up with this formula. After reading stuff for about a week I decided these were the numbers. But if you can tell me different or changed numbers I do not have a problem.

Exercise
three times a week on exercising bicycle for 30 min.
once a week at Pilates class for an hour
three times a week lifting weights
five times a week in the eveningwalking and do 50 setups.

So now I have changed my routine set of twice a week I up.   I've been taking L-arginine power for about a month. This is helped me tremendously in this lower my blood pressure and gave me a lot of energy. So I do believe I'm on the right course but just need a little bit of guidance.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2012, 02:40:52 pm »

Wait.  How many grams is 1 teaspoon of citrulline?  This sounds like a lot of citrulline, although when I used to take it, the pills were pretty big.  YOu need to be careful here.  Most guys, that are going to get an effect, get it in the 1-2 gram/day range.  And the most I have seen any man take is 3 grams per day, but I don't think that's a good idea actually.  So go by grams (after approval by your doc), not teaspoons.  You need to find the conversion factor as you don't want to overdo this.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 03:41:09 pm by PeakT »

bubba29

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2012, 03:13:29 pm »
Okay I finally made a decision on exercising and supplements for NO. Here's my schedule for the week and I might be confused but any suggestions will (HELP)

Pycongenol 100 mg once a day

Don't ask me why I came up with this formula. After reading stuff for about a week I decided these were the numbers. But if you can tell me different or changed numbers I do not have a problem.

Exercise
three times a week on exercising bicycle for 30 min.
once a week at Pilates class for an hour
three times a week lifting weights
five times a week in the eveningwalking and do 50 setups.

So now I have changed my routine set of twice a week I up.   I've been taking L-arginine power for about a month. This is helped me tremendously in this lower my blood pressure and gave me a lot of energy. So I do believe I'm on the right course but just need a little bit of guidance.

what is your goal with your exercise routine?  what is your current exercise routine?

Polewalker

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2012, 09:04:45 pm »
PeakT thanks for the help. I have a spoon that came with the L-arginine is 2 g. So maybe I'll start out with a gram in the morning of L-citrulline . And see how that goes, thank 

Bubba
I started about a year ago trying to get healthy that's when I hit bottom. My goals are to lose another 30 pounds before July and get healthier.

Exercise

Tuesday morning I go to the gym take one hours Pilates and try to get 30 min. on the exercising bike.
Wednesday day off
Thursday morning 30 min. on the bike and   weight lifting for my shoulders and stomach.
Friday off
Saturday morning 30 min. on the bike and weightlifting for my shoulders and stomach.

GOAL
I want to do one hour of stationary bike then I'm going to take a spinning class and I would like to do it three times a week.
I want to keep up with my Pilates and do it three times .
weightlifting three times a week this one I do not have a routine   down . I'm going to ask for a coaches at the gym to help me
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 09:16:14 pm by Polewalker »

bubba29

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2012, 09:33:07 pm »
PeakT thanks for the help. I have a spoon that came with the L-arginine is 2 g. So maybe I'll start out with a gram in the morning of L-citrulline . And see how that goes, thank 

Bubba
I started about a year ago trying to get healthy that's when I hit bottom. My goals are to lose another 30 pounds before July and get healthier.

Exercise

Tuesday morning I go to the gym take one hours Pilates and try to get 30 min. on the exercising bike.
Wednesday day off
Thursday morning 30 min. on the bike and   weight lifting for my shoulders and stomach.
Friday off
Saturday morning 30 min. on the bike and weightlifting for my shoulders and stomach.

GOAL
I want to do one hour of stationary bike then I'm going to take a spinning class and I would like to do it three times a week.
I want to keep up with my Pilates and do it three times .
weightlifting three times a week this one I do not have a routine   down . I'm going to ask for a coaches at the gym to help me

the reason i asked is that seems like A LOT of exercise.  be careful not to over do it or you may sabotage your weight loss goal.  body composition is 85% food related anyway.  set realistic timeframe goals and transform your body on a steady, healthy way.

Blade78

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2012, 12:03:43 am »

the reason i asked is that seems like A LOT of exercise.  be careful not to over do it or you may sabotage your weight loss goal.  body composition is 85% food related anyway.  set realistic timeframe goals and transform your body on a steady, healthy way.

I saw an interview with Gary taubes about good calories, bad calories(his book) and he never mentioned in the interview its all about calories
my biochemistry teacher told us that fructose/HFCS is bad for us, because fructose metabolism by passes a  regulated step and pretty much gets turned into energy and FAT(it doesnt get used at all by the muscles
well, I attached the article she game us about how HFCS/fructose being un-regulated

but even so, its still about calories, right?  you eat X calories, you gain weight, its too many calories?  or is it if I eat 300 grams of fructose, and 200calories of other food,, so 1400 calories total,  but because those calories are mostly fructose, you wont burn it?   but  fructose fills the liver? so wont it be used?
does anyone know

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2012, 12:49:24 am »

You can't assume that's true as far as I know.  For example, a spoonful of salt is about 6 grams and a spoonful of sugar is 4g.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2012, 12:49:24 am »