Quantcast

Author Topic: I Am Doubting My Omron Blood Pressure Monitor  (Read 8393 times)

Hydranted

• View Profile
Re: I Am Doubting My Omron Blood Pressure Monitor
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2015, 03:02:26 am »
I don't trust digital BP monitors any further than I can throw them.  Nothing will ever be able to achieve the level of accuracy of a manual BP.

I see patients all the time who are concerned about their blood pressure based on the readings they see on their home BP monitors.  I'd say that almost every single time I've checked their BP manually, I've received a wildly different measurement than the one taken minutes prior by their home machine.

We use digital monitors (they cost about $30k...but they have many more important uses outside of checking blood pressures) in the field, and even those can be terribly inaccurate at times.

What are we to do then?    We are told to monitor our BP daily but none of us can afford $30K monitors.

My advice would be to buy a cheap stethoscope and BP cuff.  Then you can teach a wife/girlfriend/family member to take manual readings. 

Slightly less convenient that a digital cuff, but at least you can trust the results.

The only time I ever use our expensive monitors is in the interest of time.  As soon as time allows, I'll check a manual BP for accuracy.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2015, 03:14:19 am »

My advice would be to buy a cheap stethoscope and BP cuff.  Then you can teach a wife/girlfriend/family member to take manual readings. 

Slightly less convenient that a digital cuff, but at least you can trust the results.

The only time I ever use our expensive monitors is in the interest of time.  As soon as time allows, I'll check a manual BP for accuracy.

Great idea, but where can you take a class, though, for that?  Do the First Aid certification places teach taht in other classes or what?
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2015, 03:14:19 am »

Hydranted

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2015, 03:41:08 am »

Great idea, but where can you take a class, though, for that?  Do the First Aid certification places teach taht in other classes or what?

You don't need much of a class to learn how to use one.  It might look super scientific, but it's far from it.

I'd imagine that there are plenty of YouTube videos that can walk you through it.  Once you get the basics down, a little bit of practice and you'll be all set.

Trust me, it's a very simple process and can be learned within a few minutes.  When I teach students to take a manual BP, they usually pick it up within a few attempts. 

I could spell out the steps here, but it's probably easier with a visual aide like YouTube.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2015, 04:24:18 am »
Got it.
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2015, 04:24:18 am »