Quantcast

Poll

Please indicate what T replacement you've tried and your satisfaction with it. Multiple votes possible

cypionate/enanthate satisfied
27 (35.1%)
cypionate/enanthate unsatisfied
9 (11.7%)
Clomid satisfied
4 (5.2%)
Clomid unsatisfied
5 (6.5%)
Androgel/other name brand topical satisfied
2 (2.6%)
Androgel/other name brand topical unsatisfied
15 (19.5%)
pellet satisfied
1 (1.3%)
pellet unsatisfied
1 (1.3%)
compounded cream satisfied
3 (3.9%)
compounded cream unsatisfied
4 (5.2%)
Undecanoate (Aveed/Nebido) Injections satisfied
2 (2.6%)
Undecanoate (Aveed/Nebido) Injections unsatisfied
1 (1.3%)
Sustenon satisfied
1 (1.3%)
Sustenon unsatisfied
0 (0%)
Hcg Monotherapy Satisfied
2 (2.6%)
Hcg Monotherapy Unsatisfied
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Author Topic: POLL: Testosterone Replacement Satisfaction  (Read 19640 times)

cujet

• View Profile
POLL: Testosterone Replacement Satisfaction
« on: August 04, 2015, 09:53:57 pm »
This is my first attempt at trying to poll users and determine what people are satisfied with. You can answer for any of the types you've tried. You can also change your vote.

It would be nice to have you provide a more detailed response below, with your "satisfaction index", 1 through 10, with 10 being best, for each type of T replacement.

I've tried just about all of the topical prescriptions and failed on them. However, 2 grams of the 3% compounded cream works very well for me. I've also tried enanthate IM injections with very poor results due to reaction to the carrier oil.

For example:

Enanthate = 4 (reaction and breathing problems, plus water retention)
Androgel =5
Fortesta = 8 (but caused a rash)
3% Compounded Cream = 9 (no problems)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 11:03:15 pm by PeakT »
58 years old
Autoimmune Hashimoto's, near zero natural T production
Cause: severe mononucleosis in my early 30's
Weight 235 and climbing despite eating far less
Height 5' 10"
180mg NPthyroid (natural desiccated pigs thyroid)
Labs (Oct 2017) , my T=730, TSH 0.03, T3+T4 mid-range normal.
Prednisone 10mg/day (no ACTH, dangerously low cortisol)

10% compounded creme. T=725, which feels just right.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Re: POLL: Testosterone Replacement Satisfaction
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2015, 11:04:46 pm »
Nice cujet!

Dang!  I forgot to submit unsatisfied with pellets - took me out of commission for about a week...

THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2015, 11:04:46 pm »

DKC24

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 03:25:06 am »
I would vote not satisfied with androgel so far but haven't been on it long enough to give it a fair shake. But I seem more tired. ED seems worse and my balls have shrunk some.

cujet

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 01:15:36 pm »
I would vote not satisfied with androgel so far but haven't been on it long enough to give it a fair shake. But I seem more tired. ED seems worse and my balls have shrunk some.

So, would you rate Androgel a 3 out of 10?

I too, failed on androgel. What I think: Any T replacement suppresses natural production. If the T replacement is insufficient, the result may be lower overall T.

I tried 1, then 2 packets of Androgel and (by memory) got my T up to 255 or some such nonsense. I then went to 4 packets of the 1% Androgel. I was simply a slimy mess. T went up some, but by then, absorption problems kicked in and it totally failed. My skin simply became slimy after a shower and would not clean. Doc suggested, probably myxedema and try scrubbing with acetone!!! No thanks.

I switched to Fortesta. 7 pumps! T went up nicely for a while, then, rash all my body. I was having a reaction to Fortesta's other ingredients. Really needed more than 7 pumps to get T up. (normal dose is 2 pumps)

However, 2 grams of 3%, Compounded Cream under arms and on shoulders/groin/scrotum works wonders. No adverse reactions, T levels are stable and high enough to be useful. Yes, I add a splash of water to make it spread more easily. Yes, it's a lot. But it dries quickly enough and causes no problems during the day, even in hot and sweaty South Florida.
58 years old
Height 5' 10"

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 01:15:36 pm »

cujet

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2015, 01:17:46 pm »
Nice cujet!

Dang!  I forgot to submit unsatisfied with pellets - took me out of commission for about a week...

Of course, you can add a vote and change a vote anytime on this poll.
58 years old
Height 5' 10"

Hydranted

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2015, 01:40:50 pm »
Cool idea for a thread...

I voted for Cypionate/satisfied.  If I had to put a number on it, I guess I'd rate it a 9/10. 

Sighalot

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2015, 08:49:08 pm »
Dont see any option for nebido?

simmer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2015, 01:50:44 am »
Started on cypionate injections every fortnight, gave me migraines. Switched to Androgel: didn't really work, messy applying it, and have kids so didn't like it, also $30 copay compared to $10 for cypionate. Switched back to cypionate every week (now every 3 days), better but needs more work.
Late 30s, low T, on cypionate injections, currently 60mg once every 7 days, last labs trough 600 T (350-950), 32 E2 (8-42), everything else within range. Those labs were from 100mg/E10D.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2015, 04:55:38 am »
Dont see any option for nebido?

I took the liberty of adding it for you.
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

DKC24

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2015, 05:24:58 am »

So, would you rate Androgel a 3 out of 10?

I too, failed on androgel. What I think: Any T replacement suppresses natural production. If the T replacement is insufficient, the result may be lower overall T.

I tried 1, then 2 packets of Androgel and (by memory) got my T up to 255 or some such nonsense. I then went to 4 packets of the 1% Androgel. I was simply a slimy mess. T went up some, but by then, absorption problems kicked in and it totally failed. My skin simply became slimy after a shower and would not clean. Doc suggested, probably myxedema and try scrubbing with acetone!!! No thanks.

I switched to Fortesta. 7 pumps! T went up nicely for a while, then, rash all my body. I was having a reaction to Fortesta's other ingredients. Really needed more than 7 pumps to get T up. (normal dose is 2 pumps)

However, 2 grams of 3%, Compounded Cream under arms and on shoulders/groin/scrotum works wonders. No adverse reactions, T levels are stable and high enough to be useful. Yes, I add a splash of water to make it spread more easily. Yes, it's a lot. But it dries quickly enough and causes no problems during the day, even in hot and sweaty South Florida.

I'm not sure if it is fair to rate it a 3/10 yet as tomorrow will just be a week. But really I feel worse on it so far but I am only on one pump. I suspect it is stopping my natural production and one pump isn't even getting me as high as I was without. I'm more tired, have pretty weird brain fog/hazziness.

Based on this poll I need to switch to cypionate shots or maybe try cream. androgel must be overpriced garbage.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2015, 05:19:51 pm »
androgel must be overpriced garbage.

It got better when they went to the 1.62 and some guys really do well on it.  I don't see a lot of them on here to be honest, but some docs like it.  I think older guys will often do well on it and the transmdermals in general due to the boost in DHT.

Sighalot

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2015, 06:19:36 pm »
Voted unsatisfied with both nebido and androgel/other brand.

cujet

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2015, 09:20:45 pm »
Shameless bump for more response....
58 years old
Height 5' 10"

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2015, 03:30:20 pm »
Bump...

DKC24

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2015, 04:41:00 am »
wow looks like cypionate injections are by far the way to go.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2015, 04:41:00 am »