Quantcast

Poll

Please indicate what T replacement you've tried and your satisfaction with it. Multiple votes possible

cypionate/enanthate satisfied
27 (35.1%)
cypionate/enanthate unsatisfied
9 (11.7%)
Clomid satisfied
4 (5.2%)
Clomid unsatisfied
5 (6.5%)
Androgel/other name brand topical satisfied
2 (2.6%)
Androgel/other name brand topical unsatisfied
15 (19.5%)
pellet satisfied
1 (1.3%)
pellet unsatisfied
1 (1.3%)
compounded cream satisfied
3 (3.9%)
compounded cream unsatisfied
4 (5.2%)
Undecanoate (Aveed/Nebido) Injections satisfied
2 (2.6%)
Undecanoate (Aveed/Nebido) Injections unsatisfied
1 (1.3%)
Sustenon satisfied
1 (1.3%)
Sustenon unsatisfied
0 (0%)
Hcg Monotherapy Satisfied
2 (2.6%)
Hcg Monotherapy Unsatisfied
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Author Topic: POLL: Testosterone Replacement Satisfaction  (Read 19641 times)

Nick

• View Profile
Re: POLL: Testosterone Replacement Satisfaction
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2015, 11:58:05 am »
hi,

first used Testim. It worked fine for a month. Than a compounded gel. But again levels dropped.
Then I started Nebido. I feel much better, happy, lost some weight, libido and erections are great. (sometimes even annoying).
The first days after injection, I am a bit more aggressive. A week before the new injection I sometimes need more and than I use some compounded gel with it. E levels are under control (between 25-30 mostly). Only thing is I sweat much more than usual.

I hope things will stay like it is now.

gr.
m-32 YO
Nebido
40mg hydrocortisone
dhea 25mg

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2015, 04:00:07 pm »
wow looks like cypionate injections are by far the way to go.

Well, there is a bit of a bias on here in the sense that we tend to not get as many of the standard just-go-to-a-PCP-and-get-some-Androgel type of guys on here.  Furthermore, you'll see that most of the men on here play around and experiment with the cypionate protocol until they get it to work.  I would guess that a lot of men that go into a PCP try Androgel and often it doesn't work and they think, "TRT sucks!" And then that is the end of it.
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2015, 04:00:07 pm »

DKC24

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2015, 09:17:25 pm »

Well, there is a bit of a bias on here in the sense that we tend to not get as many of the standard just-go-to-a-PCP-and-get-some-Androgel type of guys on here.  Furthermore, you'll see that most of the men on here play around and experiment with the cypionate protocol until they get it to work.  I would guess that a lot of men that go into a PCP try Androgel and often it doesn't work and they think, "TRT sucks!" And then that is the end of it.

Thats a good point. I looked up a lot of reviews(just using google) before I started androgel and it seemed to get a lot of positive feedback. Sure there were some bad but nothing like here. lol

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2015, 10:09:59 pm »

Thats a good point. I looked up a lot of reviews(just using google) before I started androgel and it seemed to get a lot of positive feedback. Sure there were some bad but nothing like here. lol

I've heard (online) Dr. Crisler saying that he was favorite form of TRT.  It has the advantage (or disadvantage depending on your viewpoint) of really ramping DHT.  Libido is a big issue for many men 40+ and so that is probably helpful for quite a few guys.
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2015, 10:09:59 pm »

BJE

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2015, 11:47:48 pm »
 Axiron and compounded cream did not work for me. I use cypionate in addition to hCG.
I do frequent SQ injections.

Sighalot

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2015, 02:40:48 am »
The result is skewed since not all of us can use it legally, without a special license nebido is the only legal option where i live.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2015, 04:36:58 am »
The result is skewed since not all of us can use it legally, without a special license nebido is the only legal option where i live.

You got a point there.

Hey, quick question for you:  if you get a chance, can you chime in on how you perceive the success rate of Nebido where  you are at?

We had someone say it was basically never successful in one doc's practice.  But we've had a couple of guys that liked it.  What's your take on it?

Sighalot

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2015, 05:27:19 am »

Hey, quick question for you:  if you get a chance, can you chime in on how you perceive the success rate of Nebido where  you are at?
Depends on definition of success, most i talk too do get an improvement but only partial and i see very few with 100% recovery, 2 major issues thou is high estradiol which the health care very rarely treats and T crashing between injections so health care is partly to blame.

Dhea, pregnenolone and progesteron for men is unheard of, seen less then a handful of men having dht and dhea tested in public health care.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 05:36:06 am by Sighalot »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2015, 06:07:56 pm »

Depends on definition of success, most i talk too do get an improvement but only partial and i see very few with 100% recovery, 2 major issues thou is high estradiol which the health care very rarely treats and T crashing between injections so health care is partly to blame.

Dhea, pregnenolone and progesteron for men is unheard of, seen less then a handful of men having dht and dhea tested in public health care.

Nicely summarized.  Couldn't have said it better myself...

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2015, 03:03:10 pm »
Bump...

SumTingWong

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2015, 03:10:16 pm »
Androgel isn't fairing very well. For those of you that have used it, and were unsatisfied, why was that?
I am not medically trained or qualified. This is not medical advice.

cujet

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2015, 07:07:54 am »
Androgel isn't fairing very well. For those of you that have used it, and were unsatisfied, why was that?

In my case, Androgel worked for a while, then I was unable to absorb it, even with multiple packets. Levels plummeted right back to where they were before. My skin became quite slimy too. Very weird.

I've changed my T cream to 1.5 grams of 5% compounded cream, and while I've not tested my levels, I feel correct, with all the normal "things" that proper T levels bring. (remember, I mix the cream with a splash of water, for better spreading, otherwise it's like peanut butter)
58 years old
Autoimmune Hashimoto's, near zero natural T production
Cause: severe mononucleosis in my early 30's
Weight 235 and climbing despite eating far less
Height 5' 10"
180mg NPthyroid (natural desiccated pigs thyroid)
Labs (Oct 2017) , my T=730, TSH 0.03, T3+T4 mid-range normal.
Prednisone 10mg/day (no ACTH, dangerously low cortisol)

10% compounded creme. T=725, which feels just right.

Baldur2630

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2015, 08:13:49 am »
Because my doctors(?) refused to treat my almost zero Free Trstosterone. I treated myself. Cypionate was OK, Enanthate was OK, but as I use T from a UGL, I finally settles on a mix of 200 mg/ml Cypionate and 200mg/ml Enanthate.

The bottle of 10 ml is 400 mg/ml so I only need 0.5 ml per week. It works better for me (because I push very heavy weights) if I inject 0.25 ml on Sun and 0.25 ml on Wed.

I did try dropping the dose, but I'm a big guy, so less than 200 just doesn't cut it.
79 year old. Weight Lifter. On TRT and HGH. Don't believe in doctors. Don't get sick, don't die.

Growing old gracefully is not an option!

cujet

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2015, 06:42:58 pm »
Another shameless bump, hoping for additional results.

Thanks!
58 years old
Autoimmune Hashimoto's, near zero natural T production
Cause: severe mononucleosis in my early 30's
Weight 235 and climbing despite eating far less
Height 5' 10"
180mg NPthyroid (natural desiccated pigs thyroid)
Labs (Oct 2017) , my T=730, TSH 0.03, T3+T4 mid-range normal.
Prednisone 10mg/day (no ACTH, dangerously low cortisol)

10% compounded creme. T=725, which feels just right.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2015, 07:35:11 pm »
It's a pro-cypionate, anti-Androgel crowd, eh?

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2015, 07:35:11 pm »