Quantcast

Author Topic: A month and a week on Androgel and T only raised 26 points.  (Read 3779 times)

DKC24

• View Profile
A month and a week on Androgel and T only raised 26 points.
« on: September 08, 2015, 10:42:13 pm »
Can't really afford to up my dose of androgel since insurance screwed me over on it. They said they will cover T replacement if test is under 300 unless the lab states you are within range. Whatever lab my doctor uses 249 is the low range. Told him that labcorp uses 348 for their low range so he had his assistant look up where I could get tested with them and he said I could go there.

Told the doctor I wanted to try a compounding cream and told him of a compounding pharmacy. He said he had never written a script for a test cream but he would have his nurse look into it. He said the other option is depo shots every 3 weeks. Told him I didn't want to do that because I thought shots needed to be weekly.

What kind of dose should I be looking at on a compounded cream?

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Re: A month and a week on Androgel and T only raised 26 points.
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 11:00:59 pm »
Can't really afford to up my dose of androgel since insurance screwed me over on it. They said they will cover T replacement if test is under 300 unless the lab states you are within range. Whatever lab my doctor uses 249 is the low range. Told him that labcorp uses 348 for their low range so he had his assistant look up where I could get tested with them and he said I could go there.

Told the doctor I wanted to try a compounding cream and told him of a compounding pharmacy. He said he had never written a script for a test cream but he would have his nurse look into it. He said the other option is depo shots every 3 weeks. Told him I didn't want to do that because I thought shots needed to be weekly.

Check out this thread.  I think it will answer most of your questions:

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/forum/index.php?topic=7881.0
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 11:00:59 pm »

DKC24

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2015, 02:19:48 am »

Check out this thread.  I think it will answer most of your questions:

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/forum/index.php?topic=7881.0

Thanks for the link. What do you recommend I ask for from the doctor? Since they don't know I'd like to be able to ask for a fairly strong dose. Thanks!

cujet

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2015, 08:47:37 pm »
I'm now using about 1.5 grams of 5% compounded T cream. I mix it with a splash of water to make it spread out. I then apply to shaved shoulders, shaved armpits and any remainder to shaved scrotum/thighs. I spread it thin and rub it in vigorously. It takes a bit to dry.

Works like magic. Last T levels were at 700. I've been low T for a very long time, so I have a good "feel" for when it's right and when it's not.

I cannot use Androgel. Even with massive doses, it simply does not work for me.

Shots were a roller coaster ride, and I react to the carrier oil. Causes me coughing fits post injection and breathing problems. Not everyone has these issues with injections, but they are a "known" side effect for some.
55 years old
Autoimmune Hashimoto's, near zero natural T production
Cause: severe mononucleosis in my early 30's
Weight 200
Height 5' 10"
190mg NPthyroid (natural dessicated pigs thyroid)
Labs (Oct 2017) , my T=730, TSH 0.03, T3+T4 mid-range normal.

10% compounded creme. T=725, which feels just right.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2015, 08:47:37 pm »