Quantcast

Author Topic: Clomid & Testosterone Precursor Depletion?  (Read 2388 times)

cybervaccine

• View Profile
Clomid & Testosterone Precursor Depletion?
« on: December 04, 2015, 06:05:58 pm »
I have a question. When someone use Clomid to raise testosterone, is he also pushing testosterone precursors to their limits? Is it possible that continuous use of Clomid can deplete those precursors?
If that is the case then can supplementation of testosterone precursors like DHEA or Pregnenolone or Progesterone can help?
Any ideas???

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Re: Clomid & Testosterone Precursor Depletion?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2015, 06:19:02 pm »
I have a question. When someone use Clomid to raise testosterone, is he also pushing testosterone precursors to their limits? Is it possible that continuous use of Clomid can deplete those precursors?
If that is the case then can supplementation of testosterone precursors like DHEA or Pregnenolone or Progesterone can help?
Any ideas???

Clomid, assuming you are responsive, should not lead to any shut down of the above as far as I know.  HCG and TRT can, though, according to one very popular school of thought out there.  I know, for example, that my DHEA is very low now after being on cypionate a couple of years.  Of course, maybe I was low DHEA before then, but I don't know as I was never tested!
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2015, 06:19:02 pm »

electrify

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2015, 06:32:30 pm »
Any ideas???

Clomid, assuming you are responsive, should not lead to any shut down of the above as far as I know.  HCG and TRT can, though, according to one very popular school of thought out there.  I know, for example, that my DHEA is very low now after being on cypionate a couple of years.  Of course, maybe I was low DHEA before then, but I don't know as I was never tested!

Ok I have done Clomid twice and have had quite comphrensive lab testing so I can answer this with some of my own anectodatal experience but of course everyone is different. Esepcially when it comes to Clomid.

If you are talking about LDL cholesterol depletetion--yes it can happen and it happened to me. Its obviously not a concern unless you are already low cholesterol. As for depleting preg and DHEA Clomid actually did the opposite for me and increased my Pregnenolone/DHEAS/cortisol levels quite a bit. This is supposedly due to LH/FSH effect on p450 enzyme which converts chol to pregnenolone.

On the other hand I believe for whatever reason I dont know HCG when I did monotherapy actually did deplete some precursors like Pregnenolone as my cortisol levels dropped. Its very strange cause HCG would normally have LH activity which would also increase those things. But I read somewhere at allthingsmale that with low cholesterol or anybody whose testicles convert preg to T faster than generation of preg, depletion is possible. But a lot of people actually experience the opposite and get more precursors instead usually.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 06:37:59 pm by electrify »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2015, 08:08:55 pm »
Any ideas???

Ok I have done Clomid twice and have had quite comphrensive lab testing so I can answer this with some of my own anectodatal experience but of course everyone is different. Esepcially when it comes to Clomid.

If you are talking about LDL cholesterol depletetion--yes it can happen and it happened to me. Its obviously not a concern unless you are already low cholesterol. As for depleting preg and DHEA Clomid actually did the opposite for me and increased my Pregnenolone/DHEAS/cortisol levels quite a bit. This is supposedly due to LH/FSH effect on p450 enzyme which converts chol to pregnenolone.

On the other hand I believe for whatever reason I dont know HCG when I did monotherapy actually did deplete some precursors like Pregnenolone as my cortisol levels dropped. Its very strange cause HCG would normally have LH activity which would also increase those things. But I read somewhere at allthingsmale that with low cholesterol or anybody whose testicles convert preg to T faster than generation of preg, depletion is possible. But a lot of people actually experience the opposite and get more precursors instead usually.

Agreed.  Nice summary as to what the typical guy would see.
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2015, 08:08:55 pm »