Quantcast

Author Topic: If you are secondary hypo, does going on TRT for years make you primary?  (Read 7994 times)

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Re: If you are secondary hypo, does going on TRT for years make you primary?
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2015, 05:16:59 pm »
Most of that is probably true...to some degree. But it is impossible to say how much. That is why young guys are discouraged from TRT. Ideally, you would not want anymore kids and commit to doing TRT for life. If you are not in that position, I would probably not do it (maybe just go with HCG monotherapy).

Why not TRT with low dose HCG to keep the furnace blazin'?

is that really enough to "keep the furnace blazin" though... wouldnt you still be risking premanent decline/infertility even though it may make it less likely/less severe?

honestly if TRT was avaliable as a completely potentially temporary option with completely 100% reversible side effects and zero risk of permanent damage i would totally do it.. if i knew i could just do it for like 5-10 years and just come off it and switch to something else when i want to have kids, or something like androxal or similar gets apporoved here or europe or somewhere that i can get it from in the future.. and just go back to being normal like nothing ever happened

basically what im afraid to do is get on it.. and then lets say 7 years down the line i wat to try some new thing that comes out like androxal or something instead..  or i want to have kids.. and all teh sudden teh dr  tells me.. sorry but its not going to work out as well as you want because youve been on trt all these years.. now you pretty much have to stay on it forever

or what if some economic or other world crisis happens and im not able to get access to my t supplement, or what if i have to get off it for some health reason, i dont wanna get off it and basically become totally permanently disabled..  basically permanent dependency is the fear.. especially being only 25.. aloso its scary like what if i have to go out of the country, or i forget or lose my pump bottle somewhere or my shots or wahtever and im not able to access it all teh sudden for several weeks, id be hurting really really bad..

thats one of the things i really liek about something like clomid, is like if you forget to take it, or you run out, or something happens, you are basically ok and will just experience a very slow and gradual decline over a period of months.. its not like you get stuck out of town for a few days by accident and you are totally screwed

Well, no one has studied things long term, of course.  But I think the bigger issue is more on the pituitary side of things.  Low dose HCG doesn't solve any pituitary atrophy shut down issues assuming those are real and some experts think they are.
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

electrify

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2015, 12:40:32 am »
Im going to ask my doc this but....

If you were on TRT (with or without HCG) for less than a year then wouldn't doing a Clomid protocol bring you back to at least your baseline prior to starting the T?

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2015, 12:40:32 am »