Quantcast

Author Topic: Stopped Androgel As of Today.. Advice on Adjusting?  (Read 2409 times)

selfimprove

• 29yo male, low T, cut the bad habits, still swear
    • View Profile
Stopped Androgel As of Today.. Advice on Adjusting?
« on: November 19, 2015, 12:52:01 pm »
so i'm stopping androgel after being on it for the past year.. roughly last October (10/2014) until now.
I was on the 1.62%, I believe, and 3 pumps a day (have been at that for the past 6 months) of 25.20mg Tgel (or 20.25, I forget)
anyway, i'm 29 and my doc seems to agree that the anti-psychotic meds I was on all of last year (Depakote, invega) may have
caused my testosterone to drop. Anyway, I have been off all meds since last December (12/2014) until now
i'm hoping that there is nothing causing my T to be low. This is where stopping androgel to test this theory is raising concern.
if I need the TRT and my numbers don't climb, i'm damning myself to face the effects of low T. My numbers went from roughly
180 last year in August (08/2014) to roughly 700 at my last apt last month (10/2015). Today is my first day off
the Androgel after slowly tapering off for the past month (being at 2/3 for the first two weeks then finally 1/3 for the past two weeks now none for the next 4 weeks until I get tested again).
my question is, while I go through the decline in T, is there anything I can do to alleviate the symptoms that are all too common with low T? what can I do to help myself adjust? I think I may ride this out a few months to see if my numbers don't climb. any and all perspectives, advice, questions, concerns, and comments will appreciated.. Thanks
*also, I dropped from 197lbs at the start of TRT to 168lbs today at 5'11". the drop in weight could be due to getting off the
medications, since I gained that much while on the medications

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Re: Stopped Androgel As of Today.. Advice on Adjusting?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2015, 04:04:01 pm »
so i'm stopping androgel after being on it for the past year.. roughly last October (10/2014) until now.
I was on the 1.62%, I believe, and 3 pumps a day (have been at that for the past 6 months) of 25.20mg Tgel (or 20.25, I forget)
anyway, i'm 29 and my doc seems to agree that the anti-psychotic meds I was on all of last year (Depakote, invega) may have
caused my testosterone to drop. Anyway, I have been off all meds since last December (12/2014) until now
i'm hoping that there is nothing causing my T to be low. This is where stopping androgel to test this theory is raising concern.
if I need the TRT and my numbers don't climb, i'm damning myself to face the effects of low T. My numbers went from roughly
180 last year in August (08/2014) to roughly 700 at my last apt last month (10/2015). Today is my first day off
the Androgel after slowly tapering off for the past month (being at 2/3 for the first two weeks then finally 1/3 for the past two weeks now none for the next 4 weeks until I get tested again).
my question is, while I go through the decline in T, is there anything I can do to alleviate the symptoms that are all too common with low T? what can I do to help myself adjust? I think I may ride this out a few months to see if my numbers don't climb. any and all perspectives, advice, questions, concerns, and comments will appreciated.. Thanks
*also, I dropped from 197lbs at the start of TRT to 168lbs today at 5'11". the drop in weight could be due to getting off the
medications, since I gained that much while on the medications

Your doc could put you on some HCG or Clomid to help get things fired back up.  Clomid may be a little risky for you based on your history as some guys it makes moody and can give headaches, lower mood, etc.  But a month or two on low dose Clomid might get your system back in shape much more quickly with minimals sides.  Have you asked your doc about that?
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2015, 04:04:01 pm »

selfimprove

• 29yo male, low T, cut the bad habits, still swear
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2015, 12:42:03 pm »
I'm going to see my doc on Jan fourth. This will be after one month off of AndroGel and a week to get my labs processed. This is of course after weaning off, going for two weeks at 2/3 followed by another two weeks of 1/3 of normal amount used.
I've been completely off Androgel for a week now. I worry that the worst is yet to come. I also worry that my body won't adjust and produce T on its own ("normal" amounts).
Ill talk to my doc about the clomid and hcg when I see him. But, won't these things just interfere in the cycle of my body's regulatory processes?
Thanks for the help..

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2015, 01:58:09 pm »
I'm going to see my doc on Jan fourth. This will be after one month off of AndroGel and a week to get my labs processed. This is of course after weaning off, going for two weeks at 2/3 followed by another two weeks of 1/3 of normal amount used.
I've been completely off Androgel for a week now. I worry that the worst is yet to come. I also worry that my body won't adjust and produce T on its own ("normal" amounts).
Ill talk to my doc about the clomid and hcg when I see him. But, won't these things just interfere in the cycle of my body's regulatory processes?
Thanks for the help..

Where I was headed was that you could possibly get a restart.  It doesn't happen very often but you never know:

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/testosterone_restart

We have some threads on it as well, so check out the ol' search above if you are int'd.
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2015, 01:58:09 pm »