Quantcast

Author Topic: I Have Ferritin of 50. Should I Go To 100?  (Read 1618 times)

electrify

• View Profile
I Have Ferritin of 50. Should I Go To 100?
« on: December 03, 2015, 03:28:48 am »
[MODERATOR SPLIT FROM HERE: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/forum/index.php?topic=8666.0]

Vitamin K2, which increases testosterone, I think also improves insulin sensitivity.

It's so good that I can't take too much K2 at night (the mk4 form), wake up in the morning early with low blood sugar.

Vitamin K2 doesn't have the estradiol side effect from taking too much as far as I know.

The evidence is clear that high iron stores (even within the normal range) cause insulin resistance.

How high? I have a ferritin of 50 ish right now and I have been trying to boost this up to 100 as I want the dopamine for motivation and libido. Also want the benefit of T3 working properly at the cellular level. In light of that wouldnt it help with insulin sensitivity?

---

Ridiculous how behind clinical practice is. Now wait until somebody tries it and then dismisses this cause of low SHBG in the diabetic pateints which will make TRT tough and probably cause issues at even a weekly dosage. Then they will claim it has no benefits....

« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 04:15:46 pm by PeakT »

explorer

• View Profile
Re: I Have Ferritin of 50. Should I Go To 100?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2015, 03:33:36 am »
How high? I have a ferritin of 50 ish right now and I have been trying to boost this up to 100 as I want the dopamine for motivation and libido. Also want the benefit of T3 working properly at the cellular level. In light of that wouldnt it help with insulin sensitivity?

I think yours is a little low. If you're below 100, I think you don't have to worry about excess.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 03:40:50 am by explorer »

Peak Testosterone Forum

Re: I Have Ferritin of 50. Should I Go To 100?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2015, 03:33:36 am »