Quantcast

Author Topic: Obssessed with nutrition  (Read 12653 times)

antiheli

• View Profile
Re: Obssessed with nutrition
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2015, 08:25:12 pm »
To be honest, I just like to seem big and eating. I can eat 1 kg of cherries/mulberries in one sitting. I'd eat only high nutritional foods but high amounts of them. Wholegrains are my best options for increasing my daily kcal intake. This is why I prefer them.

I know that cooked veggies are easier/safer on stomach and primatologist Richard Wrangham wrote about that fact in his book Catching Fire: How Cooking Made Us Human. So I prefer my veggies as cooked, except some salad stuff (lettuce, arugula, dill etc.)

About fruits, I have always concern about them. Fructose consumption may affect triglyceride and cholesterol levels. But berries (in summer times) and pomegrenate (in winter season) are my cancer-fighter superfoods of course. Tastes are a lot better than veggies but I have to prefer veggies over fruits in terms of nutritional value.

By the way, I'm 187 cms, 85 kgs and %12 bf around at the moment.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2015, 01:46:43 am »
To be honest, I just like to seem big and eating. I can eat 1 kg of cherries/mulberries in one sitting. I'd eat only high nutritional foods but high amounts of them. Wholegrains are my best options for increasing my daily kcal intake. This is why I prefer them.

I know that cooked veggies are easier/safer on stomach and primatologist Richard Wrangham wrote about that fact in his book Catching Fire: How Cooking Made Us Human. So I prefer my veggies as cooked, except some salad stuff (lettuce, arugula, dill etc.)

About fruits, I have always concern about them. Fructose consumption may affect triglyceride and cholesterol levels. But berries (in summer times) and pomegrenate (in winter season) are my cancer-fighter superfoods of course. Tastes are a lot better than veggies but I have to prefer veggies over fruits in terms of nutritional value.

By the way, I'm 187 cms, 85 kgs and %12 bf around at the moment.

Some experts say to limit your fructose to between 25-50 grams per day.  That's still a decent amount of fruit though.
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2015, 01:46:43 am »

fathomer

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2015, 06:40:02 am »

nah, dont buy it
I've eaten raw fruit/veggies for years, never had any problems, So what do you by "safer"
i'm about to sit down to a big salad made up of spinach, beets, carrots,onions, some fruit, lettuce, and my stomach has never complained,
when I eat good cooked processed foods,  high in fat, then it complains, as does the rest of me

raw fruit/veggie unsafe?
Sorry, dont buy it
 :P
If supplements/herbs worked as well as drugs, they would be drugs.
http://www.westonaprice.org/holistic-healthcare/the-invisible-toothbrush/

why you need collagen
http://www.peaktestosterone.com/forum/index.php?topic=9002.0

I have neither the time nor the inclination to check out links to try to figure out what info MIGHT pertain to the verbage that was spewed on a forum and attempt to connect the Posted "ideas" to the content (somewhere) on the link, which afaik has malware/nsfw?
if-you-cant-explain-it-simply-you-dont-understand-it-well-enough
humans don't make AA
AA makes collagen
without collagen, we are forced repair the wear/tear on arteries with LPA(LDL+protein A
LPA is known risk factor for CAD
get vitamin C every few hours vitamin C is water soluable and needed by the body constantly

antiheli

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2015, 07:08:09 am »

nah, dont buy it
I've eaten raw fruit/veggies for years, never had any problems, So what do you by "safer"
i'm about to sit down to a big salad made up of spinach, beets, carrots,onions, some fruit, lettuce, and my stomach has never complained,
when I eat good cooked processed foods,  high in fat, then it complains, as does the rest of me

raw fruit/veggie unsafe?
Sorry, dont buy it
 :P

My stomach is pretty sensitive nowadays. And you know that raw onions, tomatoes, most of raw fruits & veggies may irritate stomach when stomach is already sensitive and should be avoided by gastritis sufferers. But of course, these foods don't cause chronic gastritis at all.

I've eaten heavy processed foods with no veggs, no fruits and overconsume on dairy as I said before FOR YEARS.

I'm on low-fat/pescatarian camp (I only eat fish but occasionally) now. Hoping that this "perf plan" will heal me. It takes some time tho.

I really thank you for your advices.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 07:10:02 am by antiheli »

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2015, 07:08:09 am »

fathomer

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2015, 07:54:44 am »

My stomach is pretty sensitive nowadays. And you know that raw onions, tomatoes, most of raw fruits & veggies may irritate stomach when stomach is already sensitive and should be avoided by gastritis sufferers. But of course, these foods don't cause chronic gastritis at all.

I've eaten heavy processed foods with no veggs, no fruits and overconsume on dairy as I said before FOR YEARS.

I'm on low-fat/pescatarian camp (I only eat fish but occasionally) now. Hoping that this "perf plan" will heal me. It takes some time tho.

Oh, I was hoping youd share some of the  "unsafe" things that happen to my stomach from eating raw fruit/veggies from Wrangham  book?

I agree, if your stomach is already upset, dont eat stuff that's going to make it worse, (dairy, stufff you mention)
but  that wasnt what was said at the start, was it?
eh?

I agree, get on boardwith the low fat camp

Dr mcdougal explains and shows graphs, that high fat diet leads to cancer/issues...what I don't know is, is it eating fat (likely) or being fat

You gotta remember, being obese is going to increase your estrogen in your body(via fat cells, http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11511861 ) and estrogen causes problems, like cancer and even the FDA  says estrogen is a carcinogen,,,http://www.cancer.org/cancer/cancercauses/othercarcinogens/generalinformationaboutcarcinogens/known-and-probable-human-carcinogens     see,  unlike cancer caused by free radicals, which cause DNA damage, but can we neutralized by antioxidants estrogen grabs the building blocks of DNA, (ATGC, ) and pulls it out, ie DNA depurination....so oo much estrogen is bad,,,which is why fat people get more cancer (high estrogen)  http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4422115/

why you need collagen

I have neither the time nor the inclination to check out links to try to figure out what info MIGHT pertain to the verbage that was spewed on a forum and attempt to connect the Posted "ideas" to the content (somewhere) on the link, which afaik has malware/nsfw?
humans don't make AA
AA makes collagen
without collagen, we are forced repair the wear/tear on arteries with LPA(LDL+protein A
get vitamin C every few hours vitamin C is water soluable and needed by the body constantly

antiheli

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2015, 08:51:03 am »
Nop, Wrangham just says that cooking had profound evolutionary effect because it increased food efficiency which allowed human ancestors to spend less time foraging, chewing, and digesting and Homo erectus developed a smaller, more efficient digestive tract which freed up energy to enable larger brain growth. I just mentioned the importance of cooking practice in human history and cooking veggies is better for me while I'm suffering from stomach problems.

Heavy on processed foods/dairy and NO VEGG/NO FRUIT really destroyed my stomach. I will try to heal it with low-fat diet and I'll keep my bodyfat around %10-15. Hoping that everything gonna be ok soon for me.

Thanks you all for great advices, specially fathomer and PeakT.

Oh, I was hoping youd share some of the  "unsafe" things that happen to my stomach from eating raw fruit/veggies from Wrangham  book?

I agree, if your stomach is already upset, dont eat stuff that's going to make it worse, (dairy, stufff you mention)
but  that wasnt what was said at the start, was it?
eh?

I agree, get on boardwith the low fat camp

Dr mcdougal explains and shows graphs, that high fat diet leads to cancer/issues...what I don't know is, is it eating fat (likely) or being fat

You gotta remember, being obese is going to increase your estrogen in your body(via fat cells, http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11511861 ) and estrogen causes problems, like cancer and even the FDA  says estrogen is a carcinogen,,,http://www.cancer.org/cancer/cancercauses/othercarcinogens/generalinformationaboutcarcinogens/known-and-probable-human-carcinogens     see,  unlike cancer caused by free radicals, which cause DNA damage, but can we neutralized by antioxidants estrogen grabs the building blocks of DNA, (ATGC, ) and pulls it out, ie DNA depurination....so oo much estrogen is bad,,,which is why fat people get more cancer (high estrogen)  http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4422115/

antiheli

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2015, 07:06:52 pm »
Got one more question.

Which one is better for overall health, brown rice vs. white "basmati" rice? Brown rice has a lot better than basmati rice in terms of nutritional value but it has arsenic and overconsuming could be a problem. I know the fact almost every people in Asia eat white jasmine/basmati rice even in their breakfast. I eat rice/beans meal daily so it's important question for me. Which one is safer and why?

explorer

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2015, 07:18:16 pm »
The lack of some nutrients in white rice doesn't matter if you get them from other parts of the diet.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 07:30:02 pm by explorer »

croaker24

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2015, 11:28:13 pm »
Got one more question.

Which one is better for overall health, brown rice vs. white "basmati" rice? Brown rice has a lot better than basmati rice in terms of nutritional value but it has arsenic and overconsuming could be a problem. I know the fact almost every people in Asia eat white jasmine/basmati rice even in their breakfast. I eat rice/beans meal daily so it's important question for me. Which one is safer and why?

Why not skip the rice and eat something like quinoa?

antiheli

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2015, 08:10:02 am »
Thanks for recommendation. Never ate of it, that food is a bit strange for my culture - Bulgur and rice are our staple carb sources. I live in Turkey. I'll definitely try!

Also you guys recommend me low fat diet for general health in this topic but %35 and maybe lil bit higher fat intake can elevate test levels as I read in another articles of this board. Confused a bit.

Got one more question.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2015, 03:57:11 pm »
Thanks for recommendation. Never ate of it, that food is a bit strange for my culture - Bulgur and rice are our staple carb sources. I live in Turkey. I'll definitely try!

Also you guys recommend me low fat diet for general health in this topic but %35 and maybe lil bit higher fat intake can elevate test levels as I read in another articles of this board. Confused a bit.

Got one more question.

The research shows that a low fat diet has minimal impact on testosterone and halves your estradiol.  And, if you were consuming quite a bit of fat before (esp. saturated), you will likely get a nice boost in nitric oxide and endothelial function as well. 

If you do try a low fat diet, it's very important to go low glycemic.  Most guys who try low fat consume a bunch of wheat and white rice and dried fruit and call that low fat.  (Dried fruit is pretty good, but it's too easy to eat a ton of it and some guys don't do well with that much fructose.)

Here is some information:

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/low_fat_testosterone
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

antiheli

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2015, 04:13:48 pm »
That GI fact is not important imo. So does anyone eat only white rice, only wheat or something? We always mixed up all stuff except grazing on dried fruits as you mentioned. I have never snack. If we eat complete meals such as white rice (lower GI rice such as basmati) and beans/legume and maybe some spinach/broccoli or something, so GI is not important anymore. Fiber intake trivializes it.

Or do I miss anything?

croaker24

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2015, 05:05:18 pm »
That GI fact is not important imo. So does anyone eat only white rice, only wheat or something? We always mixed up all stuff except grazing on dried fruits as you mentioned. I have never snack. If we eat complete meals such as white rice (lower GI rice such as basmati) and beans/legume and maybe some spinach/broccoli or something, so GI is not important anymore. Fiber intake trivializes it.

Or do I miss anything?

First - I'm not a fan of a reductionist approach to diets, e.g. - low-fat or low-carb.  I don't believe in diets per se - Paleo/Vegan, etc.  They are all dogmatic approaches that ignores a lot of how humans evolved.    Take two different people on the same diet and they could have different outcomes based on their genetics, microbiome, and lifestyle.     

I do believe in a plant-based diet as a base, then your preferred protein, then you have to find what fat % works well for you.    So for me:

a) I try for 10-12 veggies/fruits daily, raw/cooked.   Greens of all kind is most important. 
b) I eat seeds/nuts of all kinds daily.
c) I eat fish/seafood 3 or 4 times a week.
d) I eat a local organic whole fat yogurt daily plus eggs a few times a week, and small amounts of a local goat cheese on my lunch salad.
e) I eat quinoa/buckwheat for my grains daily,  I do not eat rice or wheat.
f) I eat a variety of beans daily - black, garbanzo, white, and pinto.   I do soak them overnight.
g) For treats - I eat small amounts of 88% dark chocolate daily (I checked on consumerlab.org for the safest dark chocolate bar).
h) I drink water 90% of the time, glass of green tea most days, coffee only a few times a week.   I do not drink milk.

This is just how I evolved.   I'm more about eating clean, and a wide diversity of foods to get my nutrients in a holistic way as opposed to using supplements. 
My fat % is about 30-35%.    I do have a genetic marker that basically encourages a moderate fat diet as being best for me.   

fathomer

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2015, 07:24:12 pm »

My fat % is about 30-35%.    I do have a genetic marker that basically encourages a moderate fat diet as being best for me.

how did you figure this out?
what is your genetic marker called?

why you need collagen

humans don't make AA
AA makes collagen

croaker24

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2015, 10:56:26 pm »

how did you figure this out?
what is your genetic marker called?

A previous doctor (NP type) tested for it specifically to assess my risk of Alzheimer's.    It's APoE (I'm E2/E3) --

( http://www.clevelandheartlab.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/ApoE-Practitioner-One-Pager-CHL-D023b.pdf )

This is just one of many markers that may impact how you react to certain diets or even certain foods, and which explains the main reason why
I just hate  advocation of any way of eating.    I only state how I eat - and I would not recommend that to everyone, outside of eating clean and
making veggies/fruits first priority.     As always, genetic markers should be considered probabilistic and not deterministic.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2015, 10:56:26 pm »