Quantcast

Author Topic: Muscle relaxation by eating spinach?  (Read 4251 times)

SuperE

• View Profile
Muscle relaxation by eating spinach?
« on: December 07, 2015, 04:47:21 pm »
Hi guys,

I have had troubles with tensed muscles for a couple of years now. For about one year ago I tried to add supplement of magnesium in use of both pill and spray and I documented my very unpleasant experience here:
http://www.peaktestosterone.com/forum/index.php?topic=3045.msg26770#msg26770

To summarize I took 180mg two days in a row by spraying the oil on the skin and got what I think an overdose. It was scary as I got extremely tired, breathing got shallow and my heart was beating so soft I thought my body was about to come to a stand still. After that I did not touch magnesium and a couple of weeks later I went to check my serum level which came back as normal.

Lately I have had even more trouble with tensed muscles, specially in neck and back, but also legs and arms. Its like the muscles become too short and are always tensed, if I stretch they respond very little and stay too short. When I bend my back and turn my neck it often makes a rattling sound as its like the muscles is pulling the discs. My body looks like its in good condition, good muscle tone and 11% body fat. But feels like its old, specially a day after gym session.

I seem to have anxiety issues and as I am in the lower region of T I always thought its the issue.

Anyway this saturday I had problems with my computer so was trying to fix it sitting with tensed back and neck, very angry and stressed. As I had no food at home I just ate a bag of 140g arugula and baby spinach salad. Two hours later I realized I was no longer tensed, I was relaxed in both neck and back, and I felt more chill, it was immediate effect and it was the same as when I took magnesium before except t not as strong.

After that I have been starting to eat spinach and I feel the effect in one-two hours after I eat it. Yesterday I ate around 18 and felt the effect come between 19-20, went to bed at 22. Was not tired so could not sleep until around 23:30 and around 23 I could feel the effect rolling off, and tension coming back. Not as much as before but some. I roughly ate 150g spinach which is 118g magnesium (where probably all will not be digested). I find it strange its possible to even feel that low level.

Is it possible to be low in magnesium even though serum levels show normal?

Could it be so the magnesium is having a temporarily sedating effect and even though I am not low it helps me relax and its actually something else that is the root cause behind the tension?

Maybe I just need something that cools of my nerves, like they are over sensitive?
Testosterone
Estradiol
SHBG
LH
TSH
CRP
369-432
<1
ng/dL
pg/mL
mE/L
U/L
mg/L
mE/L
               DHEAS
Cortisol 06:00
Cortisol 11:05
Cortisol 19:50
Cortisol 22:50
Vit-D
ng/mL
ng/mL
ng/mL
ng/mL
ng/mL
nmol/L

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Re: Muscle relaxation by eating spinach?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, 05:28:09 pm »
Hi guys,

I have had troubles with tensed muscles for a couple of years now. For about one year ago I tried to add supplement of magnesium in use of both pill and spray and I documented my very unpleasant experience here:
http://www.peaktestosterone.com/forum/index.php?topic=3045.msg26770#msg26770

To summarize I took 180mg two days in a row by spraying the oil on the skin and got what I think an overdose. It was scary as I got extremely tired, breathing got shallow and my heart was beating so soft I thought my body was about to come to a stand still. After that I did not touch magnesium and a couple of weeks later I went to check my serum level which came back as normal.

Lately I have had even more trouble with tensed muscles, specially in neck and back, but also legs and arms. Its like the muscles become too short and are always tensed, if I stretch they respond very little and stay too short. When I bend my back and turn my neck it often makes a rattling sound as its like the muscles is pulling the discs. My body looks like its in good condition, good muscle tone and 11% body fat. But feels like its old, specially a day after gym session.

I seem to have anxiety issues and as I am in the lower region of T I always thought its the issue.

Anyway this saturday I had problems with my computer so was trying to fix it sitting with tensed back and neck, very angry and stressed. As I had no food at home I just ate a bag of 140g arugula and baby spinach salad. Two hours later I realized I was no longer tensed, I was relaxed in both neck and back, and I felt more chill, it was immediate effect and it was the same as when I took magnesium before except t not as strong.

After that I have been starting to eat spinach and I feel the effect in one-two hours after I eat it. Yesterday I ate around 18 and felt the effect come between 19-20, went to bed at 22. Was not tired so could not sleep until around 23:30 and around 23 I could feel the effect rolling off, and tension coming back. Not as much as before but some. I roughly ate 150g spinach which is 118g magnesium (where probably all will not be digested). I find it strange its possible to even feel that low level.

Is it possible to be low in magnesium even though serum levels show normal?

Could it be so the magnesium is having a temporarily sedating effect and even though I am not low it helps me relax and its actually something else that is the root cause behind the tension?

Maybe I just need something that cools of my nerves, like they are over sensitive?

So can I ask how old you are?  I'm asking for a reason.  And are you having any troubles with erections or blood pressure?
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, 05:28:09 pm »

SuperE

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2015, 05:51:55 pm »
I am 33. Yes I have erection problems but I think its more libido issues because I know I get erections during night, and sometimes strong as well so plumbing seem OK. But as soon as I wake up I loose it.

Blood pressure is on the low side 100/65, but I have measured 89/63 as well.
Testosterone
Estradiol
SHBG
LH
TSH
CRP
369-432
<1
ng/dL
pg/mL
mE/L
U/L
mg/L
mE/L
               DHEAS
Vit-D
ng/mL
ng/mL
ng/mL
ng/mL
ng/mL
nmol/L

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2015, 05:55:44 pm »
I am 33. Yes I have erection problems but I think its more libido issues because I know I get erections during night, and sometimes strong as well so plumbing seem OK. But as soon as I wake up I loose it.

Blood pressure is on the low side 100/65, but I have measured 89/63 as well.

Noted.  Well, the spinach can really raise nitrate levels.  Spinach has lots of other great nutrients and phytochemicals, but nitric oxide does relax the involuntary muscles.

Check this out:

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/spinach_erections
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2015, 05:55:44 pm »

SuperE

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2015, 06:12:58 pm »
I am not sure its the nitric oxide because I do not get the same effect from eating a lot of arugula. But I know arugula has a big effect nitric oxide because I done experimentation with eating a bag of arugula before going to bed and it has resulted in waking up with abnormally strong erection during the night, almost pain.

But always same thing. During night strong erection but as soon as I wake up erections disappears really fast and hard to generate after that, sometimes impossible.

Anyway I will continue with the spinach diet as it can not be any wrong doing it and report back after a month or two if the effect is still there.

Testosterone
Estradiol
SHBG
LH
TSH
CRP
369-432
<1
ng/dL
pg/mL
mE/L
U/L
mg/L
mE/L
               DHEAS
Vit-D
ng/mL
ng/mL
ng/mL
ng/mL
ng/mL
nmol/L

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2015, 08:36:12 pm »
I am not sure its the nitric oxide because I do not get the same effect from eating a lot of arugula. But I know arugula has a big effect nitric oxide because I done experimentation with eating a bag of arugula before going to bed and it has resulted in waking up with abnormally strong erection during the night, almost pain.

But always same thing. During night strong erection but as soon as I wake up erections disappears really fast and hard to generate after that, sometimes impossible.

Anyway I will continue with the spinach diet as it can not be any wrong doing it and report back after a month or two if the effect is still there.

If your erection is disappearing, it's probably stress related, i.e. high noradrenaline or cortisol.  Also, we had one guy on here, though, with identical symptoms in that regard and calcium d-glucarate did it for him.  Do a search on Inigo and d-glucarate and you should be able to find it.  He has really struggled and this seems to have helped.

SuperE

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2015, 08:52:26 pm »
Thanks Peak, I found the thread. He also wrote he used Prelox at the same time. I will try both, you have any recommendation about which one to start with?

Also is calcium d-glucarate same as calcium? :S  I am asking because if the theory that I need more magnesium is true then I do not want to add additional calcium for a while.

Testosterone
Estradiol
SHBG
LH
TSH
CRP
369-432
<1
ng/dL
pg/mL
mE/L
U/L
mg/L
mE/L
               DHEAS
Vit-D
ng/mL
ng/mL
ng/mL
ng/mL
ng/mL
nmol/L

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2015, 01:24:27 am »
Thanks Peak, I found the thread. He also wrote he used Prelox at the same time. I will try both, you have any recommendation about which one to start with?

Also is calcium d-glucarate same as calcium? :S  I am asking because if the theory that I need more magnesium is true then I do not want to add additional calcium for a while.

You're right!  It was more likely the Prelox.  I'll ping him and see if he has commentary...
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 01:26:51 am by PeakT »

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2015, 01:24:27 am »