Quantcast

Author Topic: 18y updated situation  (Read 14559 times)

jumpingthrough

• View Profile
18y updated situation
« on: December 25, 2015, 07:42:39 pm »
Hi
I was here about a year ago. I've been running back and forth to doctors with no results. I've updated with some new blood tests.
I also posted this on another forum. Any suggestions? I checked thyroid now. I am limited to self-testing and selfmedication.

I suffer from alot of low T symptoms, mainly however: HUGE loss of libido (consistent for 2-3 years), ED, inexistence of morning wood, fat gain (I use to easily stay lean) weaker physically, and feel weaker both physically and mentally, constant levels of low anxiety for no logical reason (I'm not worried in my mind, but my body feels at unease) foggy mind (my memory and conecentration is BAD, going from A-B grades to barely managing E)

weight 74kg
height 5'11
bf 17-18%

I've got prolactin, thyroid, estradiol, testosterone, liver, kidney function, vitamin D, insulin function and blood values checked over the years:

Total Testosterone Reference: 230ngdl-866ng/dl - Values been hovering around 260-373ng/dl over the course of 2 ½ years. Latest ones at 323ng/dl, 280ng/dl, 260ng/dl.

SHBG 13-71nmol/L - values been around 15-20nmol/L Latest ones at 18nmol/L, 15nmol/L, 16nmol/L

LH- Been around 4-6iu/L on all tests. Latest ones at 4.8iu/L, 5.6iu/L, 4.5iu/L
FSH - Always been low 1.2-1.6iu/L. Latest ones at 1.3iu/L, 1.6iu/L, 1.2iu/L

Hemoglobin - Always been elevated, hovering around 160g/l. Latest test showed 150ng/dl.
Hemacromatotit- Always elevated aswell, hovering around 0,50%, Latest test was 0,43%.

I think it's because of dehydration, I will get this retested properly hydrated.

Estradiol - 19.5pg/ml

Vitamin D 88nmol/L

Thyroid: 3 TSH tests around 3-3.5. Latest one (complete) showed a more or less perfect thyroid function?

TSH 2.2miu/L (0.4-5miu/L)
Free T4 20pmol/L (10-22pmol/L)
Free T3 5.4pmol/L (3.3-6.5pmol/L)
TPO-AB <10 (0-35)
TRAB <1 (0-1.0)

Prolactin, 6.5 ng/ml, 33ng/ml, 16ng/ml (2-17ng/ml)

S-Glucose 5.3nmol/L
HbA1C 32mol (27-42mol)

S-DHEAS 9.3umoL/L (5.7-13umol/L)

P-Cholestrol 3.5mmol/L (2.9-6.1mmol/L)
HDL Cholestrol 1.3mmol/L (1.0-2.7mmol/L)
LDL cholestrol 2.2mmol/L (1.2-4.3mmol/L)
Triglycerides 0.5mmol/L (0.45-2.6mmol/L)

I would appreciate any welleducated thoughts and comments :)

Thank you for taking the time to read.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 04:00:44 pm by jumpingthrough »
Weight: 77kg/170lbs
Height: 5'10/180cm

Tests taken 8-9AM
Total t: 369ng/dl, 430ng/dl
TSH: 3.2miu/L
SHBG/ 18nmol/L

jumpingthrough

• View Profile
Re: 18y updated situation
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2015, 07:43:49 pm »
-age 18
-height 5'11
-waist 84cm(just above navel)
-weight 164 pounds/74-75kg
-describe body and facial hair - alot of body hair, but it's not thick, it's very loose? (not dense) you can 'see through it' facial hair around mouth, cheek, very thin and seethrough
-describe where you carry fat and how changed - most of fat is carried around midsection stomach and lower back. I don't have a beer belly, but if I gained weight it would create one so to say.
-health conditions, symptoms [history] i only had contact one time with the health care prior to this, although, when I was entering puberty my school doctor thought it was too early and wanted to give me some type of injection to slow it down. I can't remember what it was.
-Rx and OTC drugs - Acne during teenage years, was prescribed 100 caps of tetrlacycline, 2x per day
-describe diet - varied from time to time, was more strict and iifym when training, but now I just eat homecooked food. Weight is kept the around the same, I don't gain or lose. Usual food is rice/pasta/potatoes with some meat (chicken, beef, pork) and vegetables.
-describe training - use to gym, did stronglifts 5x5 for 3 months, and upper/lower for 6 months. Also 6 months where I was new and just played around. Now I just do muay thai 1x week or when I can muster the energy to go.
-testes ache, ever, with a fever? - never
-how have morning wood and nocturnal erections changed - erection quality greatly reduced. no hard morning woods, maybe sometimes i wake up with half a boner but rarely.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 10:05:18 pm by jumpingthrough »

Tests taken 8-9AM
SHBG/ 18nmol/L

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2015, 07:43:49 pm »

jumpingthrough

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2015, 07:44:51 pm »
Pituitary damage: No access to MRI. I don't know..

Drugs and chemicals: Only drug I've used is tetracyline for acne.
I tried weed a few times.
Alcohol is 2x months approx, but a few beers and some vodka. I never drink to the point of drunk.
Never smoked in my life (cigarettes)

-other chemicals, toxins, pollution
-heavy metals
-fire retardants in furniture or fire fighter's fire retardant clothes
^ Not that I'm aware of

Effects of other reproductive and related hormones - I've never touched AAS in my life. No preworkouts. I've only bought protein powder.

Damage to the testicles [testes] ref - Not that I'm aware of

Damage to the pituitary gland:
Not that I'm aware of. I do practice muay thai, but testosterone tests were taken before I started, I never competed. I only do light to light-medium sparring.

-hypothyroidism - will measure body temp
-adrenal fatigue - I could see if I can get a cortiol blood test?
-syndrome X aka metabolic disorder
-insulin resistance [and diabetes] - Don't know, I know my grandmother had diabetes. Noone else in the living family I know of has diabetes though.
-influences of the digestive system - don't know
-arterial disease and high blood pressure [BP]
-poor cell wall permeability - don't know

Deficiencies:
Iodine : I eat with iodized salt relatively often.
Cholestrol : I'm not counting it right now, but I do get some cheese in, cream, eggs, butter, olive oil. I would be very surprised if there was a signficant defiency. I did go on a high fat diet for 3 months to see if it would boost my testosterone. It didn't work.

-low dietary EFA's - I'm not taking fish oil anymore. I did do it during the 3 months period of highfat diet. I rarely eat fish.
-other low trace minerals - I take a multivitamin. maybe not enough..
-sub optimal vitamin D - I supplemented with 4000iu of vitamin D during the 3 month period.
-anti oxidants. I try to eat vegetables with every meal. Usually something of: spinach, green beans, tomatoes, cucumbers, carrot, lettuce, brocolli. Usually a 1-2 handful of something out of those vegetables with every meal.

Body temperature

1st day: 97.7F
2nd day. 97.34F
3rd 97.88F

Afternoon temp on 2nd day 98.42F

Tests taken 8-9AM
SHBG/ 18nmol/L

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2015, 02:01:54 am »
I may have mentioned this but the low shbg and (somewhat) prolactin could indicte the beginnings of insulin resistance.  Have u looked into that?
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2015, 02:01:54 am »

jumpingthrough

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2015, 03:29:31 pm »
Hi Peak. Yes I (think) I've looked into it?

I thought the SHBG was caused by hypothyroidism or diabetes.

But

S-Glucose 5.3nmol/L
HbA1C 32mol (27-42mol)

would show it's very unlikely that I've been developing diabetes if I understand it correctly?

Where do I keep looking to find a cause? I feel like I've searched the most common ones already.

Thank you and merry christmas!

Tests taken 8-9AM
SHBG/ 18nmol/L

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2015, 05:46:44 pm »

But

S-Glucose 5.3nmol/L
HbA1C 32mol (27-42mol)

would show it's very unlikely that I've been developing diabetes if I understand it correctly?

Where do I keep looking to find a cause? I feel like I've searched the most common ones already.

Post prandial blood glucose levels are what counts per the latest studies:

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Normal_Postprandial_Blood_Glucose_Levels

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/How_Test_Insulin_Resistance

Sam's story is a very intresting one.  He did not really show signs of prediabetes, yet it seems pretty obvious to me he had the beginnings of fatty liver.  He lost weight, started exercising, did liver cleanses and took berberine (the new supplemental "metformin").  He actually reversed his low SHBG and is the only gut to do it.  Here is his program:

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/how_to_cure_low_shbg
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

euphorixx1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2015, 07:15:26 pm »
You have an 84 inch waist?

jumpingthrough

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2015, 07:39:13 pm »

But

S-Glucose 5.3nmol/L
HbA1C 32mol (27-42mol)

Post prandial blood glucose levels are what counts per the latest studies:

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Normal_Postprandial_Blood_Glucose_Levels

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/How_Test_Insulin_Resistance

Sam's story is a very intresting one.  He did not really show signs of prediabetes, yet it seems pretty obvious to me he had the beginnings of fatty liver.  He lost weight, started exercising, did liver cleanses and took berberine (the new supplemental "metformin").  He actually reversed his low SHBG and is the only gut to do it.  Here is his program:

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/how_to_cure_low_shbg

I've read the links you posted. I actually tried to lower my testosterone for a specific blood test where glucose was also tested. About half an hour before the test I drank 33cl coca. My glucose came out at 129mg/dl, which means I have prediabetes.

I'm wondering. Did the prediabetes > low testosterone or low testosterone > prediabetes?

Please help me out. I really want to fix this and it's been so long. Can I go on TRT, is there something I missed that might cause this?
I really want to go on TRT I feel horrible.

Would reversing prediabetes really help testosterone or would TRT be the right way?

I dont know how this can happen.. Nowadays I rarely eat sweets or soda, I eat homecooked. Maybe fast food once every month or two months. When I was a kid I ate candy maybe once every week or second week.

Tests taken 8-9AM
SHBG/ 18nmol/L

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2015, 09:14:24 pm »
You mean the doc classified you as prediabetic?  Why was he looking out of curiosity?

jumpingthrough

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2015, 10:41:56 pm »
No. but I read your links. 125 mg/dl after high-carb meal shows strong signs of prediabetes correct?

I tried to lower my testosterone for blood test by drinking 33cl cola 30 min before test.  He tested both testosterone and glucose.

I guess they tested glucose because my symptoms could also match diabetes I think.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 10:51:40 pm by jumpingthrough »

Tests taken 8-9AM
SHBG/ 18nmol/L

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2015, 10:48:31 pm »
That seems high.  Id retest using more refined carbs though.

jumpingthrough

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2015, 10:53:15 pm »
But Peak, what do you say about TRT at my age?

I've checked thyroid, LH/FSH, variecole, lifestyle (smoking,drinking, obesity) etc already. It's been consistently low for 2-2 years.

I will recheck post-glucose in a few weeks. Refined carbs = white bread with jam, orange juice, cookies etc? = I eat refined carbs 2 hours later I go take a blood glucose test?

« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 10:56:00 pm by jumpingthrough »

Tests taken 8-9AM
SHBG/ 18nmol/L

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2015, 05:16:57 am »

You'll never see me tell anyone to go on TRT or not.  It is a very involved decision with your physician(s).  My job is just to provide as much good starter information and resources, so you can talk shop with him (or her).

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2015, 05:18:33 am »

jumpingthrough

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2015, 06:25:52 pm »

You'll never see me tell anyone to go on TRT or not.  It is a very involved decision with your physician(s).  My job is just to provide as much good starter information and resources, so you can talk shop with him (or her).

I understand that. I guess what I'm asking more is: are there any obvious culprits I haven't looked for yet that can be the cause of my low testosterone? Docs in my country think my values are normal.

Tests taken 8-9AM
SHBG/ 18nmol/L

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2015, 06:25:52 pm »