Quantcast

Author Topic: Calorie is a Calorie?  (Read 4828 times)

bubba29

• View Profile
Calorie is a Calorie?
« on: January 10, 2013, 04:00:07 pm »
this is the most eloquent argument against this theory I think I have ever heard spoken.  fast forward to the 47 minute mark for the discussion on this subject.

http://thedianerehmshow.org/audio-player?nid=16890

there is also a nice discussion on cancer at the 43 minute mark.

JackAndy

• View Profile
Re: Calorie is a Calorie?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 06:38:27 am »
Another one against the carbs. Interesting. You know I've always done a diet with my meals balanced equally between the three macronutrients but it seems like that is just old fashioned now.
5'11" 190 lbs
150mg Test-E/week

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 06:38:27 am »

bubba29

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 03:02:46 pm »
Another one against the carbs. Interesting. You know I've always done a diet with my meals balanced equally between the three macronutrients but it seems like that is just old fashioned now.

he really is against processed carbs in a very strong way.  if people are metabolically broken then he is against most carbs in general.

Blade78

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2013, 12:38:30 am »
why have you balanced out the three macro nutrients?
why not just focus on the 2/4 you need?
protein and W-3s?
...oh so maybe alcoholics need alcohol :o....
“Don’t you feel good when you go to the gym?’ Not at all. There’s too many people in-shape there. When I go to McDonald’s I feel great. At McDonald’s I’m Matthew McConaughey.” --Jim Gaffigan - Mr. Universe

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2013, 12:38:30 am »

JackAndy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2013, 12:22:55 pm »
I decided to give it a try and actually I may have gone overboard already! haha. So I thought maybe I should just cut back on a few carbs and add more fat, then I was like hell yeah I can eat bacon again. I realized that being on a low carb diet fits me well and gives me many more menu choices. I thought it might be difficult to eat out but actually there are tons more things to eat with this diet than a low fat high protein diet. We'll see how it works out though. I guess this is the final piece of advice from Layne Norton's "destroying your metabolism" video. I ignored him talking about carbs before and just focused on his exercise advice.
5'11" 190 lbs
150mg Test-E/week

bubba29

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2013, 03:08:27 pm »
I decided to give it a try and actually I may have gone overboard already! haha. So I thought maybe I should just cut back on a few carbs and add more fat, then I was like hell yeah I can eat bacon again. I realized that being on a low carb diet fits me well and gives me many more menu choices. I thought it might be difficult to eat out but actually there are tons more things to eat with this diet than a low fat high protein diet. We'll see how it works out though. I guess this is the final piece of advice from Layne Norton's "destroying your metabolism" video. I ignored him talking about carbs before and just focused on his exercise advice.

i have found in my reading over the last 6 and a half years ago that there are 2 camps in the low carb advocacy world. one is tat low carb is the be all end all for everyone and the other is that low carb is a good therapy for people with broken metabolisms.  i side with the latter group.  thereare also disputes on the quality of different carbs.  some think a carb is a carb while others think there are different qualities of carbs from low quality/dangerous to high quality/nutritious.  i tend to think there are different qualities of carbs and that some of them should be avoided.

i am on a mission to gain weight.  my diet is packed with what i'd like to think are nutritious carb sources (except white rice which is just a good glucose source and nothing else).  don't do what i am doing if your are metabolically broken.

JackAndy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2013, 03:33:54 pm »
i have found in my reading over the last 6 and a half years ago that there are 2 camps in the low carb advocacy world. one is tat low carb is the be all end all for everyone and the other is that low carb is a good therapy for people with broken metabolisms.  i side with the latter group.  thereare also disputes on the quality of different carbs.  some think a carb is a carb while others think there are different qualities of carbs from low quality/dangerous to high quality/nutritious.  i tend to think there are different qualities of carbs and that some of them should be avoided.

i am on a mission to gain weight.  my diet is packed with what i'd like to think are nutritious carb sources (except white rice which is just a good glucose source and nothing else).  don't do what i am doing if your are metabolically broken.

All of that sounds really reasonable. I can see how this diet wouldn't be for everyone though. I don't drink soda, eat bread or rice to begin with so it's not that difficult for me to cut back on carbs. This is just the next logical step.
5'11" 190 lbs
150mg Test-E/week

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2013, 03:33:54 pm »