Quantcast

Author Topic: Pulmonary Embolism from TRT?  (Read 16379 times)

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Re: Pulmonary Embolism from TRT?
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2015, 10:54:00 pm »
6 weeks off and I woke up with a woody this AM, maybe starting some recovery. I have begun biking . 40 miles in the hills this week. I am so out of shape from sitting around for 2 months. Also weight lifting and pomegranite juice!

Congrats.
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

kquad

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2016, 07:49:13 am »
Ok been of testosterone 5 months and having health issues with my wife, so I am on here very little. But a quick update

For the first time in my life I am slightly chubby. How much of this is coming off the testosterone I am not sure. But at 46 I am fatter than ever. Although that is about 10 pounds over weight for me. i was always a skinny runt. Some of that is stress I am sure. My wife was found to have a brain tumor that seems to be stable at this time. (no growth in 3 month). They do not believe it is malignant, but too deep for biopsy.  Therefore I can not comment on sex life after stopping testosterone.

*** to understand the rest of my post, about 7% of people presenting with DVT and Pulmonary Embolisms have un-diagnosed cancer , unless they have a provable cause, bed bound, accident, surgery and a little ore controversial hormone replacement***

I have definitely lost strength, but my endurance is back up for the bike, but I am not on it nearly as much as before. I have completed most  of the blood tests for Dr Glueck, about 3 more that I will have to pay for. The vast majority I do not know the result and have asked not to be told yet. If you do not know I suffer from health anxiety and if all the test were negative I would stress more about cancer being a cause. Being rational does not work with anxiety :(.  That said, I think the research is important and got kaiser to pay for most of the clotting tests. They have huge disagreement over a couple of the tests and the Kaiser hematologist said there are even some rare ones Dr Glueck is not testing for, so his test is not conclusive 100%.

As far as testing for cancer , Kaiser has run me through a complete screening , including 4 biopies that would not have been touched if not for the clot. Still waiting on 3 biopsies, but everything else has come out clean. Had a 5 month abdominal MRI and it was time for my colonoscopy anyway and they were fine. I have had at least a dozen scans, only one had radiation

Working with cancer for 20 years, I know that the risk of cancer discovery is substantial for about 2 years if not related to my hormones, but that risk is probably down to  1/4 of the original risk now. Most are found in  a few months. In a few months I will report if I was positive for any of the blood clotting tests from Dr Glueck.  As far as going back on testosterone I am torn. It will definatelty be at a low dose though. I am pretty sure pending blood test results that my high estradiol was one main cause of my DVT/PE and Dr Glueck agrees. The hematologist also stated that my bike riding out in the heat and the fact i do not really drink on long rides is highly suspect to him, followed by a 7 hour car ride on testosterone.

So, do I think I have cancer, not hardly at all. Ain't anxiety a pain in the butt. I just can not shake that fear. Seen too many people present with a clot and we find cancer. My wifes tumor appears metabolic, meaning something is off causing a change in mylenation. She just does not have the classic causes and it is not shrinking as they thought it would, but at least it is stable. That pretty much rules out high grade gliomas ( the fast dying kind) So, that is good news.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 08:00:14 am by kquad »

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2016, 07:49:13 am »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2016, 04:41:16 pm »
Sorry to hear about all the struggles kquad.  I can still remember waiting onpins and needles for a week for the prostate biopsy results.  So I cannot imagine what you are going through.  And I didnt know about the DVT to cancer connection.  Sound like things have at least stabilized for you?  Hope that is the case and that things get better soon.
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

kquad

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2016, 05:06:19 pm »
yes, I think anxiety is insidious. I never had it until they found a nodule on my thyroid. Biopsy came back bad and then I went from cocky young man to anxious middle age man. I felt immortal until then and acted that way. I was a daredevil on  small scale.  That was 3 years ago. I was getting better on the testosterone and with time. I have read book on this and it seems somewhat common with a midlife crisis and that it will get better.  Having a constantly bedbound spouse has a lot to do with it I am sure. She started with her stuff 2 months after my thyroid came out.  So in summary anxiety, hypochondria and mid-life realization have a link.  One book i read the sriter wrote that one day at 52 he woke up and realized he was not dying and that life was good. That was after 8 years. I hope I am a faster learner.!

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2016, 05:06:19 pm »

Avies48

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2016, 08:15:06 pm »
i have also talked with doc G!! he sent me the same bw, and i need to get it done,

on another note, does 23andme actually have any bearing when testing for any of these? i ask because i did the 23andme saliva testing and it actually showed on 2 items that i had a clotting factor!

but im not sure how well a saliva test is in comparison to actual bw?

38 yrs young!
5'10
195 lbs

trt journey:

cyp, hcg, anastrozole, deca, xandrolone (from time to time)

want to give some gh a try someday, if i can afford it, just to see how it all works together with my trt regimen...

wish i didnt need trt, its sometimes a rollercoaster...

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2016, 11:23:06 pm »
yes, I think anxiety is insidious. I never had it until they found a nodule on my thyroid. Biopsy came back bad and then I went from cocky young man to anxious middle age man. I felt immortal until then and acted that way. I was a daredevil on  small scale.  That was 3 years ago. I was getting better on the testosterone and with time. I have read book on this and it seems somewhat common with a midlife crisis and that it will get better.  Having a constantly bedbound spouse has a lot to do with it I am sure. She started with her stuff 2 months after my thyroid came out.  So in summary anxiety, hypochondria and mid-life realization have a link.  One book i read the sriter wrote that one day at 52 he woke up and realized he was not dying and that life was good. That was after 8 years. I hope I am a faster learner.!

The only thing that gave me hope during that were certain alternative therapies that I thought might help.  Not very realistic but it helped me relax a little.  I do have an unswerving faith in science and the white hat docs and researchers.  They are doing miracles every day...

kquad

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2016, 12:22:39 am »
i have also talked with doc G!! he sent me the same bw, and i need to get it done,

on another note, does 23andme actually have any bearing when testing for any of these? i ask because i did the 23andme saliva testing and it actually showed on 2 items that i had a clotting factor!

but im not sure how well a saliva test is in comparison to actual bw?

I saw that 23 and me, the one lsited on there were pretty low on the list of culprits for a DVT. So it is of limited use IMO

kquad

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2016, 05:11:53 am »
just got a note from my biopsy. the whole anxiety thing started when I kept feeling like I was choking with chronic sore throat and neck pain and throat sores. ,. For a year they looked at me like I was crazy. Well, the deep biopsy found an anaerobic bacteria that can cause chronic tonsillitis. So there you go, no answers lets your imagination run wild for a year . See what the MD states on Monday.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2016, 05:38:41 am »
just got a note from my biopsy. the whole anxiety thing started when I kept feeling like I was choking with chronic sore throat and neck pain and throat sores. ,. For a year they looked at me like I was crazy. Well, the deep biopsy found an anaerobic bacteria that can cause chronic tonsillitis. So there you go, no answers lets your imagination run wild for a year . See what the MD states on Monday.

Never heard of that!  Any solution?  I assume an antibiotic?

kquad

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2016, 07:11:02 am »

They have tried antibiotics, in fact I was just in the for a month, so I read the next step is tonsillectomy. If that gets rid of the choking feeling it will help the anxiety a lot. So if true a bacteria causes me to freak out for a year, and then to look at and take my thyroid out and possibly cause the crash in my testosterone.  We will see.

It seems this is on the rise for a funny reason. Most adults actually have tonsils now. That is a reverse when many kids had their out.

"Doctors suspect the number of adults with chronic tonsillitis is on the rise, if for no other reason than more grown-ups still have an intact pair of the oval-shaped lymphoid tissue masses at the back of their throats. Until the early 1970s, tonsillectomies were routinely performed on children who showed signs of tonsil infection. However, by the early 1980s, physicians were balking at tonsil removal in all but the severest cases."

So, I was born a couple years too late  :)

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2016, 06:33:43 pm »

They have tried antibiotics, in fact I was just in the for a month, so I read the next step is tonsillectomy. If that gets rid of the choking feeling it will help the anxiety a lot. So if true a bacteria causes me to freak out for a year, and then to look at and take my thyroid out and possibly cause the crash in my testosterone.  We will see.

It seems this is on the rise for a funny reason. Most adults actually have tonsils now. That is a reverse when many kids had their out.

"Doctors suspect the number of adults with chronic tonsillitis is on the rise, if for no other reason than more grown-ups still have an intact pair of the oval-shaped lymphoid tissue masses at the back of their throats. Until the early 1970s, tonsillectomies were routinely performed on children who showed signs of tonsil infection. However, by the early 1980s, physicians were balking at tonsil removal in all but the severest cases."

So, I was born a couple years too late  :)

Ha ha.  Yeah, well Mother Nature leaves us a bit vulnerable at times, eh?  Sounds like something like your appendix, a time bomb waiting to go off

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2016, 06:33:43 pm »