Quantcast

Author Topic: TRT is THE worst decision I've ever made  (Read 1783 times)

Cataceous

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: TRT is THE worst decision I've ever made
« Reply #90 on: April 08, 2021, 01:31:18 pm »
What is considered high? My e is always right around 20. That's not high so technically i shouldn't need a serm but I bet I will which might cause low e. I've had low e before and that is no fun at all. I'm beginning to like this protocol less all the time.

A high level of estradiol in this context is something above the normal physiology of the individual. It's also not a binary situation. As estradiol rises the production of the gonadotropins is increasingly suppressed. And even so, the Royal Medical Center results seem to show that high levels of GnRH overcome the suppressive effects of estradiol at the pituitary. SERMs do not reduce estradiol. Instead they block estradiol at certain receptors, preventing some actions, but allowing others to proceed.

By the way, I've been on 100mcg of kisspeptin only once a day for a week. My mood has improved, I'm more happy, not an old curmudgeon, and I seem to be more interested in a lot of projects I've been putting off for 6 years now. I do go thru phases where I will take an interest in projects for awhile but then fall back down to the low I'm usually at so time will time. I will try to get labs tomorrow or Friday to check LH and FSH.

Heres something else weird, something is making me piss a lot more than normal. Because of whatever is going on with my kidneys I could go 6 or 7 hours after my first mornng piss before needing to go again. Now I might go 4 or 5 times during the day alone. Seems like I briefly read that kisspeptin had some kind of effect on the kidneys but I didn't go into it.

Some of the kisspeptin research does mention mood improvements.

A casual reading of kisspeptin's role in kidney function suggests a trend towards greater fluid retention. You wouldn't think this would result in more frequent urination, but maybe it's more complicated than that. It does mean that monitoring blood pressure is a good idea.
I am not a medical doctor; any suggestions are meant to be discussed with your doctor.
Protocol: 2.4 mg T propionate subQ qd, 3.2 mg T enanthate qd, 20 mcg GnRH subQ 5.25x/d, 6.25 mg DHEA bid, 12.5 mg enclomiphene qod
Approximate levels (peak): TT: 700 ng/dL, E2: 30 pg/mL, DHEA-S: 300 ug/dL, SHBG: 30 nMol/L

53chevy

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: Today at 03:17:30 am »
You're gonna have the same end result whether you're blocking production of e or blocking the receptor. I've felt that and it's no fun, extreme joint and muscle pain.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #91 on: Today at 03:17:30 am »

Cataceous

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: Today at 11:50:42 am »
The "S" in SERM stands for "Selective". This means you can have quite different results depending on the type of estrogen receptor. Check out this link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Tissue-specific_estrogenic_and_antiestrogenic_activity_of_SERMs
Every SERM listed is agonistic in bone. With SERMS you are not going to experience all the negative side effects of low estrogen. There are still valid concerns, of course. For example, enclomiphene is antagonistic of estrogen receptors at the hypothalamus and other areas of the brain. There is speculation that this could harm libido due to estrogen's important role therein. But it's not clear-cut. Anecdotally some guys, such as myself, maintain or increase libido while using this drug.
I am not a medical doctor; any suggestions are meant to be discussed with your doctor.
Protocol: 2.4 mg T propionate subQ qd, 3.2 mg T enanthate qd, 20 mcg GnRH subQ 5.25x/d, 6.25 mg DHEA bid, 12.5 mg enclomiphene qod
Approximate levels (peak): TT: 700 ng/dL, E2: 30 pg/mL, DHEA-S: 300 ug/dL, SHBG: 30 nMol/L

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #92 on: Today at 11:50:42 am »