Quantcast

Author Topic: Low Testosterone Can Kill You  (Read 3230 times)

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Low Testosterone Can Kill You
« on: January 27, 2013, 09:25:31 pm »
Some of you may have noticed this but my latest thread is about how low testosterone can kill you.  It VERY signficantly raises cardiovascular risks and I cover just why in this thread:

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Testosterone_Death

A lot of you regulars know this stuff, but sometimes it's interesting to see the numbers from the studies. 

Oh, and one more comment:  when you see this, one can't help but ask, "Why are so many physicians still not even willing to consider treating low testosterone men?!?"  It just doesn't make sense in the light of this research...
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

JackAndy

• View Profile
Re: Low Testosterone Can Kill You
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 11:59:03 am »
I know because in combination with other factors, it caused me to have a pulmonary and almost die (ok 10% chance but still). Why it's still a taboo thing? I'm not quite sure it's a conspiracy against men but I think the taboo exists because testosterone has been equated with drugs in the west. The war on drugs includes steroids. It's like trying to tell people that you need medical marijuana, they'll think that you just want to get high. So that just falls down on the FDA and the drug schedules made by Congress who probably aren't qualified to be making those decisions.
5'11" 190 lbs
150mg Test-E/week

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 11:59:03 am »

Sam

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 01:04:54 pm »
I think another reason is that Western medicine is trained around a philosophy of "treat symptomatically and supportively"   Low T doesn't lend itself to this philosophy very easily and it takes an open minded doc who hasn't become jaded in his job to see the forest through the trees.

JackAndy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 01:26:32 pm »
Well to be honest, TRT is nearly impossible to get in my country too (Japan). It's also not illegal so you can just buy it and take it yourself. Nobody really cares.
I think if we look at it comparatively, it all comes down to the Controlled Substances Act of the 70's and their equivalents that quickly followed in all western countries. It doesn't really have much relevance to the way we do medicine. I think America certainly has a reputation for being extremely open about prescribing any kind of medicine, even if it's unneeded. Even Aspirin in my country costs about 10x what it would in America. They only give percoset to dieing patients because they believe that a permanent and irreversible brain change (insanity) occurs from exposure to those drugs. It all has to do with the Buddhist concept of things from the inner which are clean, and things from outside which are dirty. It's kind of a theme in Asia. That's why you can go to a lot of places in Asia and people think it's ok to drink water as long as it's moving, even if someone pooped in it, if it's moving, it's clean. But if it came from America and it's called Dasani bottled water, probably poison. So yeah I'm sure that if even among these attitudes that testosterone is widely available in the east, the reason it's so tightly controlled and taboo in the west is because of the various controlled substances acts.
5'11" 190 lbs
150mg Test-E/week

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 01:26:32 pm »

Sam

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 01:44:39 pm »
That has certainly impacted people's perceptions but I have had a few docs as friends and I can tell for non-drug abusers it seems like the patients are more affected by this.  i.e. I still feel guilty asking for vicodin if I hurt my back and have the same reluctance for TRT because I have been conditioned to think these are drugs related to drug abuse.   Many of the MD's I have met and one who rented a room from me had his own pharmacy, but of course this was pre-HIPPA and samples were much more abundant.

Coincidently our next door neighbor, Canada you can get many things over the counter that would only be available via prescription here in the US.  In general drugs are significantly more expensive in the US than in surrounding countries.

It kind of makes you wonder if the whole Patient-Doctor dialog equation isn't just antiquated.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 01:46:11 pm by Samson1971 »

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 01:44:39 pm »