Quantcast

Author Topic: Estradiol and Workout Questions  (Read 8621 times)

Sam

• View Profile
Re: Estradiol and Workout Questions
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2013, 04:15:14 am »
Maybe his wife is running his PC while he is out of town or something?

JackAndy

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2013, 04:55:16 am »
Our country including our politicians are so in tuned with other countries such as you describe Japan and many other but we have one of the most problems with social interactions with the upcoming generations. Throw a video game or computer to a child and shut the door so we do not have to worry about outside perverts, sickos, and problems. The facts are the problems are right there in a kids bedroom. Living a life vicariously through celebrities when in reality we should have role models as engineers and scientists. America is sending the worst messages to our children and all we do is point at other countries and think we are fine. WE ARE NOT FINE.

I don't think clinging to tradition is the answer and that kind of knee-jerk reaction is equally dangerous. My generation has a million times more to worry about than my parent's generation. They came out of WWII as the victors and had everything given to them on a silver platter. All they had to do was graduate high school and they'd be given a job and considered good people as long as they followed the moral standards. These days you'd be a total loser if you just did that. You can't just be moral, you have to be politically correct. So we can't try and force our kids into this mold that we came out of or that our parents tried to force us into. Even within my lifetime, we're going to run out of fossil fuels, we're facing global famines, global climate change, etc.

What you're getting at in general is not just social withdrawal, it's social change. Social withdrawal doesn't substitute traditional culture with an alternative.  You're talking about the overall tendency of youth culture today to have less social interaction and more computers and video games. When I was talking about hikikomori, that is ACUTE social withdrawal which is completely different and even here the numbers of hikikomori are still estimated at less than a million. I can guarantee that by leaps and bounds the average Japanese child receives only a fraction of the social interaction that the average American child does. However bad you think the problem is, it's not nearly as bad as it is here even with the hikikomori who are much worse than the average socially withdrawn lock-in, shut-in, loner or whatever. Those are two separate problems. The social change isn't the same as acute social withdrawal. What I'm saying is that your statement about people becoming zombies and living life through a computer screen isn't going to have the effects you suggest. Those people are hikikomori and we know what they are. We realize the acute problems that comes from it. Yes they don't have sex, they get fat, never get jobs, no ambition etc. That's different from the average Japanese person however, who still is going to have less social interaction and more time on the computer than your average American person. Spending more time on the computer, on cell phones and alone doesn't turn people into hikikomori. There's a reason that they tend to be mostly middle-class boys. The girls aren't affected by it nearly as much and neither are ethnic minorities or poor people. Even among the boys, the tendency to become a nerd or pervert is much more common. There are more boys out there who make a hobby out of doing perverted stuff than there are hikikomori, that's just how boys are wired. They will come out for sex! Or they come out and do nerdy things with other nerdy boys. They build gundam suits, model railroads, collect manga and they are succesful at managing their lives and their hobbies. They make money, hold jobs, have relationships and have memberships to social organizations related to their nerdy hobby. They have a culture, it's just a different culture. It's not a miniature or undeveloped version of the dominant culture. It's a completely different culture with it's own values. So social change is not the same as social withdrawal. They are very different things and I don't think that you can relate them together.
5'11" 190 lbs
150mg Test-E/week

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2013, 04:55:16 am »

JackAndy

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2013, 01:05:53 pm »
A little light reading if you're more interested in the subject:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxLpy8fAIP6Cb1VIRFRCTC11SHM/edit?pli=1
5'11" 190 lbs
150mg Test-E/week

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2013, 03:31:01 pm »
A little light reading if you're more interested in the subject:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxLpy8fAIP6Cb1VIRFRCTC11SHM/edit?pli=1

Wow - didn't know it went that deep...
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2013, 03:31:01 pm »