Quantcast

Author Topic: First post... TRT HELP  (Read 7377 times)

Yankee11

• View Profile
Re: First post... TRT HELP
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2016, 02:35:51 pm »
(sorry for my delay on response I've been trying to track down a damn doctor).

It's pretty sad I have to resort to internet forums than getting actual good information for my doctor.

So this is what's been happening lately. I have been trying to track down some sort of doc locally that treats TRT on a semi regular basis. Called three endos they said they don't treat low Test. GREAT. Thanks for the help.

I called my urologist and left a message with his nurse. She called me back and I explained to her I've been trying to track down someone who can help me with this. She then tells me she treats several people there and they do injections, clomid ETC. THANK GOD. SOMEONE WHO CAN HELP. She was able to get me an appointment for end of the month. Hopefully I can bring all my blood work and someone can get to the bottom of what the hell is going on here.

I definitely have secondary hypogonadism, so maybe a regimen of Clomid can assist? or cypionate injections a couple times week with HGC? Thoughts?

Cataceous

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2016, 03:01:16 pm »
I definitely have secondary hypogonadism, so maybe a regimen of Clomid can assist? or cypionate injections a couple times week with HGC? Thoughts?

These are both viable options. If it works, Clomid is cheaper and easier. So in your shoes I'd ask the doctor to try it first. Go by Dr. Crisler's advice of "low and slow", meaning start with a small dose, wait a while each time before increasing, and increase by small amounts. A typical starting point is 12.5 mg every other day (eod). Wait some weeks, see how you're feeling, and measure total testosterone, SHBG and estradiol with the sensitive test. If eventually you reach 25 mg of Clomid every day and your numbers aren't reasonable, say total testosterone of 600-800 ng/dl, then you might start thinking about injections and hCG.

If you reach good testosterone and estradiol numbers but still have some symptoms then don't panic. It can take many months for all the benefits of restored hormone levels to kick in.
I am not a medical doctor; any suggestions are meant to be discussed with your doctor.
Protocol: 3.2 mg TE subQ qd, 2.4 mg TP subQ qd, 20 mcg GnRH subQ 5.25x/d, 6.25 mg DHEA bid, 12.5 mg enclomiphene qod
Approximate levels (peak): TT: 700 ng/dL, E2: 30 pg/mL, DHEA-S: 300 ug/dL, SHBG: 30 nMol/L

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2016, 03:01:16 pm »