Could drinking just one soda per day take out your sex life and put you at risk for erectile dysfunction? Well, there is no study showing that directly, but it’s just a matter of time. The research, as I show below, suggests that it could raised your risk factors for a loss in the ol’ hardness factor.
NOTE: This will be no surprise to those who have browsed at all around my site as soda is packed with high fructose corn syrup and I have already covered extensively, in my link on Fructose and Erectile Dysfunction, can take out both your general and sexual health.
Of course, soda is okay if you are an Olympic athlete burning a couple of thousand calories per day, but most of us struggle to get to the gym for an hour a day. However, for the rest of us, soda consumption is something you want to be very cautious about.
Need an alternative? After you read below the nasty stuff coke can do to your erectile strength, you may want to consider Coffee’s Many Beneftis:
1. Metabolic Syndrome. Soda consumption has been linked to Metabolic Syndrome and this bad boy will take out your hormones, your brain, your heart and your erections in due time. Metabolic Syndrome is a cluster of symptoms including insulin resistance and just one soda per day raised the risk of getting Metabolic Syndrome by a beefy 50%.
3. Hypertension and High Blood Pressure. Sodas have now been associated with high blood pressure (at least in women).  Of course, this will likely be found in males, too, as one of the hallmark symptoms of Metabolic Syndrome is increased blood pressure. (See my link on High Blood Pressure and Erections for more details.)
1) Circulation, 2007; “Soft Drink Consumption and Risk of Developing Cardiometabolic Risk Factors and the Metabolic Syndrome in Middle-Aged Adults in the Community”
2) JAMA, 2004, 292(8):978-979, “Sugar-Sweetened Soft Drinks, Obesity, and Type 2 Diabetes”
3) JAMA, 2005, 294(18):2330-2335, “Habitual Caffeine Intake and the Risk of Hypertension in Women”